Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the best accommodation for biological science students?

Thanks in advance
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi

There isn't really a best accommodation for students doing particular degrees as everything is on campus all in one place so it doesn't take long to get anywhere!

Also, a lot of the biological science buildings are spread out some of the labs are separate from the buildings where the lectures take place. However, as I said no one where takes long to walk to on campus!

I study Philosophy and even the my lecturers all have offices in the Edith Morley building (which is a humanities building) I don't have all my lectures there. I've had lectures in the chemistry building and maths building! This is quite good for finding your way round campus and means you get to know more areas on campus!

Saying that, the Hopkins building is one of the main buildings for Biological sciences and that is near the bottom of campus which is really close to Bridges and Wessex halls. If you want you could take a look at these halls on the website. If these aren't what you are looking for then you can look at all the other halls and compare them.

What you need to think about is whether you want en-suite, or shared bathroom. Or catered or self-catered, and then maybe look at which halls offer the type of room you are looking for!

Here is the website:
    http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...s-of-room.aspx

Hope this helped! Sorry if it is a lot of information to take in!
    Once you have had a look at the website, let us know if you have any further questions.

Sophie
    Final year Philosophy student

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.