Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am 32 yo and looking to enrol for the next year . I have a high school diploma from Italy and I would like to start a law course. Can someone advice me on which university will be more suitable for me and what are the steps I should follow?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Aliciaanti)
    Hi, I am 32 yo and looking to enrol for the next year . I have a high school diploma from Italy and I would like to start a law course. Can someone advice me on which university will be more suitable for me and what are the steps I should follow?
    1. You can enrol if your high school diploma is considered sufficient for entry to your chosen university. They all have different requirements so you have to do some research to see which unis will consider your grades.

2. You do some research to which unis offer Law and what their course consists of. Just to give you an idea of how many and which unis offer law, look at the link

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-table-for-law

3. Once you have decided on unis, then you need to make an application the UCAS who handle the centralised administration for all applications.
    https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...raduate-course
    The next session is for courses starting in Sept 2018.

4. You then need to wait for offers, but also lok into how you will finance your course and living costs. If you havent done a degree before and you are an EU/ EEA citizen then you can get a loan from the UK government (SFE) for fees. There are no loans for living costs unless you have been resient in the UK for the last 5 years or you work c 24 hours when you are here.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Brunel University London and Birkbeck University are really popular with mature students

ReputationRep:
    Usually you must have been in education within the last 3-5 years to satisfy entry requirements, even if the grades are satisfactory.

Universities might waive this requirement, but it is something you must look into.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 3, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.