How do you memorise gcses content

Watch
Helllpp-plezzz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What’s good advice on how to memorise gcse content for 10 subjects and remember it all in like 10 weeks ??

999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Helllpp-plezzz)
What’s good advice on how to memorise gcse content for 10 subjects and remember it all in like 10 weeks ??
It isnt all abiout memorisation, but you need:

1. A revision plan so you know the tasks you have to do and you make sure you cover the revision you need to do over that ten week period.
2. You need to do daily amounts according to 1 and master the core material. Than includes taking notes, making revision notes, mind maps etc, so you understand your curses.
3. You then need to set aside time and the last part of your revision to practice exam papers. This helps you improve your exam technique and show you what you need to know.

Heres a guide to focusing on revision memory techniques.

https://intranet.birmingham.ac.uk/as...Techniques.pdf

Memorising is no good without understanding, which in turn is no good without being able to apply the knowledge.
username3558104
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Assuming that you mean just to memorise the content, I suggest that you make flashcards (online or physical) and then go through them. After, you can answer some practice questions on the topic to see if you really understand the content and can recall it.

I personally recommend Quizlet.
username3829382
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
memory palace
Helllpp-plezzz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by seriouslygcse)
Assuming that you mean just to memorise the content, I suggest that you make flashcards (online or physical) and then go through them. After, you can answer some practice questions on the topic to see if you really understand the content and can recall it.

I personally recommend Quizlet.
where would you recommend getting hard practice Q's from??
LarissaAlves
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Agree! Practising questions is much better to memory than reading or writing notes.

As mentioned, quizlet is a good source. Seneca Learning is similar and also free!. And download past papers from your exam board.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (56)
40%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
17.14%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.29%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (14)
10%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
10.71%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
9.29%

Watched Threads