Turn on thread page Beta

Meeting an MP, what should I ask them? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Our school has arranged for our local MP to come for a Q&A session, what questions should I ask him?

He's a Conservative MP and The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union.

Need some inspiration - thank you !

ReputationRep:
    are you Wenger in or Wenger Out?

My friend asked Theresa May that a few months ago :laugh: add some word play so it sounds like you’re talking about the European Union
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by lunaclub)
    Hiya,

Our school has arranged for our local MP to come for a Q&A session, what questions should I ask him?

He's a Conservative MP and The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union.

Perhaps ask him about something related to Brexit given that he is part of the Department for Exiting the European Union. You could also ask him questions related to constituency matters but I assume that this is more about Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    On a scale of 1-10, 1 being Jeremy Corbyn 10 being Tony Blair, how much do you care about Israel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunaclub)
    Hiya,

You could ask whether the first past the post system is sensible when it means people only vote tactically between two parties and smaller parties have no representation.

And why we still need representatives to decide the major issues when the whole electorate could vote on issues as often as we like, at low cost (if online banking is secure we can surely have e-voting)

ReputationRep:
    ask them nothing

change comes from within, within you, within communities, within homes

Useless politicians can't solve your problems

ReputationRep:
    How does the govt feel about turning Libya into a failed state where black africans are now sold in a active slave trade ? Will the govt its nose out of Syria, Mali etc

Also why no leveson part 2 ?

ReputationRep:
    Why is the government so dismissive of the Youth Parliament and the issues brought up about young people.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't we have a charismatic, cool and strong leader like Donald Trump in Downing Street who will make Brexit a success?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.