Turn on thread page Beta

I'm stuck in the same mindset of my relationship watch

Holla I've been in a Relationship with me fella for over 5 years now. I met him when I was just 17 not even and we have been together since.

Our relationship is great and nice but I seem to sometimes only see the things we are missing. I feel it's very one sided the last 3 years. But of course being me I'm too scared and nice to follow through with gut instincts.
    It isint bad our relationship just kinda sad. We get on and laugh and mess and all the cuddles sometimes but I just want more. I say this too him every few months and it backfires in my face. He turns everything against me and I have to apologise.

A normal day I would see him is every week to week and a half. I would walk down to his , rain , sleet , last night snow. We would be in his house , I would watch him play games for hours. Then after a few hours we would go to bed try to have sex and it not happen and us going to bed. Next day he would give out and I would just walk home alone.

He doesn't call for me anymore, I message first and we haven't been on a date in over 2 years. Also we haven't had sex since before Halloween which really bothers me. I know he's attracted to me and he shows it but I can't help feeling unattractive. I just don't know what to do , I'm in an endless loop of wanting more then talking to arguing to me apologising and not gaining anything. I tried breaking up a few times but we never went more than a day being broken up.
    I'm sorry for all this random stuff I'm just really stuck and want to be with him but last night we were kissing and for the first time i wasn't into it. Like I just don't know what to do. I really don't yanno. If you can give advice that would be great but for serious I never felt so longing for something more.

Thanks you guys
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It sounds like you have outgrown the relationship. Best you finish it before you both get hurt

ReputationRep:
    No sex? He must be ****ing another, no way lad can go without sex for that many months
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, no date for two years? Cut it off and find someone else. I don't even think you're in a relationship anymore. Sounds like it ended 2 years ago, seeing that it felt one sided for the last 3 years.

Hi again a little update .

My bf the last 2 years is kinda in a slump he can't get out of. He doesn't go outside or see friends except his goes to work night shifts. He would only play games online He says he isint depressed but I know him long enough. He is , he doesn't really look after himself, and it's sad. I adore no matter what but I feel with everything if I do break up he might go out more or eat better , just take care of himself.

I came home and just sat and stared out the window for ages and just had a gut instinct to just break it. Which killed me inside.

I went down to his and said it as nicce and as quick as I could.

I dunno how it's going to turn out the next few weeks but Imy sure we will be okay.

Thank you for your honesty

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.