The Student Room Group

Art GCSE URGENT HELP!

I really need help with art right now we have been given a topic of “Fragments” I have chosen to do the theme of pop art but I dont know how I can link pop art with fragments and I really could use the help!
Original post by Sayyy
I really need help with art right now we have been given a topic of “Fragments” I have chosen to do the theme of pop art but I dont know how I can link pop art with fragments and I really could use the help!

Look at the artist Paula Scher!!!! #mural
Reply 2
Original post by HettiBetti

Thanks but how would that link to fragments
Original post by Sayyy
Thanks but how would that link to fragments

Girl...she uses fragments from different things and combines them together using pop art style!!!!!
You could link the technique to the theme. So in pop art there are bold lines that separate the features creating a fragmented effect. Tbh it doesn't need to be obvious, when I did that theme, my final piece did not look fragmented at all but I just said the technique was fragmented and still got a good grade.
Original post by SilverWatch
You could link the technique to the theme. So in pop art there are bold lines that separate the features creating a fragmented effect. Tbh it doesn't need to be obvious, when I did that theme, my final piece did not look fragmented at all but I just said the technique was fragmented and still got a good grade.

Exactly Girl... I am doing fragments in jewellery!!! any ideas??? Artists?? Please and thank you in advance!!!
Original post by Sayyy

. I am doing fragments in jewellery!!! any ideas??? Artists?? Please and thank you in advance!!!
Exactly Girl... I am doing fragments in jewellery!!! any ideas??? Artists?? Please and thank you in advance!!!

Any jewellery artist that you find would work, the pieces that make up a necklace for example would be considered as fragments. I found this artist https://www.alexmonroe.com/stockists/boutique/ and he seems to have some nice pieces and he has a boutique you could visit which would count as recording from life if you go there. Or you visit the V and A museum, they have some nice things. I think that'd be easier if you just refer to nature or your culture as inspirations as well and link it to artists who have painted them for artist research but its really up to you. Hope this helped :smile:
Any jewellery artist that you find would work, the pieces that make up a necklace for example would be considered as fragments. I found this artist https://www.alexmonroe.com/stockists/boutique/ and he seems to have some nice pieces and he has a boutique you could visit which would count as recording from life if you go there. Or you visit the V and A museum, they have some nice things. I think that'd be easier if you just refer to nature or your culture as inspirations as well and link it to artists who have painted them for artist research but its really up to you. Hope this helped :smile:

Thank you so much!!! eeee!!!! You are a life (art) saver!!!!
Reply 9

Thank you so much for your help and btw could you briefly help me with a check list of like the main things I will need in my art exam book
Reply 10
Girl...she uses fragments from different things and combines them together using pop art style!!!!!

Thank you so much for you help
Original post by Sayyy
Thank you so much for you help

Your welcome...now only If I could improve in my real art!!!:wink:
Reply 12

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0d5PaeE3k6lyAeDIv6QhFXgeRgAMsRw7GCwJTxbsL7mvhRFCH
So would this link to fragments?

yes but add a fragmented background related to it!!! Remember to add something from direct observation!!!
Thank you so much!!! eeee!!!! You are a life (art) saver!!!!

no problem x
Original post by Sayyy
Thank you so much for your help and btw could you briefly help me with a check list of like the main things I will need in my art exam book

Sure :smile:
-Mindmap/planning based around the theme and ideas you have (you might have done this already)
- Artist research - at least two would be good and remember to link it to the theme and what you might want to carry on to your final. Don't bother doing a bio unless it links their work
-Experimentation - subject ideas, sketches and material based work, write what you might improve and what you have learnt from it, what you will/might carry into your final piece. Even if you already know what you want to use for your final, try and include other mediums and write what you like/don't like and whether you will continue with that medium
-Recordings from life - Sketches from real life, visit museums and take pictures/sketch pieces, if you do a pop art version of a person you know for example, take pictures and sketch/paint them
- Final piece plan (this one's quite obvious)

My art teacher always says that its like a story, you need to show the examiner your thought process and ideas and how you got to them. Always evaluate your art and highlight key ideas so your teacher can see what message you are trying to get across and the point of each piece of work.

Idk if I forgot anything but this is from the top of my head. I think the AQA website might gave more tips and if you watch anyone else's videos on the gcse sketchbooks. Hope this helped and good luck x

Yeah, the hair in particular is quite fragmented, the bold lines draw attention to the blue strands so it does link to fragments
Hey is there anyone with a style similar to Jason thielke?? I’m stuck for ideas😂

Hey do you have any artists with a style similar to Jason theilke?? I’m stuck for ideas😂😂
Hey do you have any artists with a style similar to Jason theilke?? I’m stuck for ideas😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest