Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do I study effectively for maths/biology/history? Need to boost my grades and I have a few resits to do. My morale and drive is very low and no matter my work load I do towards it I feel I’m getting nowhere
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

It seems to me that quite a lot of people are having trouble with revision and stuff lately, especially leading up to exams, so I will try my best to help you with this as I do for others.

Firstly, Maths. Since I am currently studying Maths and Further Maths and have had examiners as teachers ever since Year 7, I have always been told the best way is to just practice, practice, practice. You can also watch youtube videos from the likes of HEGARTYMaths and Kahn Academy, but once you revise a topic make sure you put it into practice to see if you understand it.

Secondly, Biology and History. I am doing these together as the closest thing I have to go off is Psychology revision techniques, which hopefully could transfer to these two subjects. I personally make flash cards with the notes on and use different colours to not only make it colourful and more aesthetically pleasing, but to also signify what each point is. Such as AO1, AO2, Case Study and so on...

Lastly, motivation and drive. I have found that creating a revision timetable and scheduling what I need to do works extremely well. BUT, it also needs to be flexible. Sticking to a strict work/revision regime could ultimately be doing more harm than good. So make sure you make it flexible so that you don't end up procrastinating more than revising.

I hope this helps you out, and Good luck for your exams.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away (Sorry for the long essay)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bradley00)
    Hey,

It seems to me that quite a lot of people are having trouble with revision and stuff lately, especially leading up to exams, so I will try my best to help you with this as I do for others.

Firstly, Maths. Since I am currently studying Maths and Further Maths and have had examiners as teachers ever since Year 7, I have always been told the best way is to just practice, practice, practice. You can also watch youtube videos from the likes of HEGARTYMaths and Kahn Academy, but once you revise a topic make sure you put it into practice to see if you understand it.

Secondly, Biology and History. I am doing these together as the closest thing I have to go off is Psychology revision techniques, which hopefully could transfer to these two subjects. I personally make flash cards with the notes on and use different colours to not only make it colourful and more aesthetically pleasing, but to also signify what each point is. Such as AO1, AO2, Case Study and so on...

Lastly, motivation and drive. I have found that creating a revision timetable and scheduling what I need to do works extremely well. BUT, it also needs to be flexible. Sticking to a strict work/revision regime could ultimately be doing more harm than good. So make sure you make it flexible so that you don't end up procrastinating more than revising.

I hope this helps you out, and Good luck for your exams.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away (Sorry for the long essay)
    Thanks I’ll give this ago
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.