Turn on thread page Beta

The title says it all really. I feels overwhelmed with school work and play rehearsals and pressure of doing well from myself and my school. I get so stressed and anxious that i just put off revision and do other things to keep my mind off it which i know isnt the best way to get around things. I want to do well for myself and my parents of course, but i feel that im just cant. My school has more science mocks this week and snow day catch up that i cant really start my proper revision for bigger subjects like history oer geography. I feel as if theres too much to learn in so little time and im just completely wrapped up in it all that its severely affecting my mental health and i'll crack. I dont know who to speak to, my form tutor doesnt really care and my parents already have so much on their plate, as well as my close friends that i dont want to be a burden with my own problems. I dont know really anyt advice would be well appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The title says it all really. I feels overwhelmed with school work and play rehearsals and pressure of doing well from myself and my school. I get so stressed and anxious that i just put off revision and do other things to keep my mind off it which i know isnt the best way to get around things. I want to do well for myself and my parents of course, but i feel that im just cant. My school has more science mocks this week and snow day catch up that i cant really start my proper revision for bigger subjects like history oer geography. I feel as if theres too much to learn in so little time and im just completely wrapped up in it all that its severely affecting my mental health and i'll crack. I dont know who to speak to, my form tutor doesnt really care and my parents already have so much on their plate, as well as my close friends that i dont want to be a burden with my own problems. I dont know really anyt advice would be well appreciated
    Trust me i'm sure 95% of students (atleast the ones who care) go this phase , i myself am going through that exact thing rn (except i'm doing a-levels so it's 10x worse XD) my honest advice for you , and what i'm doing atm, is literally don't think/feel any emotion and just do your work , as weird and ignorant this method is for me if i just keep my head down and stop worrying about parents/stress i can get quite alot done , see if this works for you

on the other hand if it really is too much for you then i recommend going to see a therapist and talking to them instead.

my moto for school work is: If you just do your **** , then you won't have to hear anyone elses
    that helps me out alot aswell

hope this helped

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.