Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really need help studying for my GCSE i have a short attention span and can hardly focus on one thing. I get bored when studying and everything i study i forget instantly.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the reason you lose focus is because you're uninterested in the subjects? Or it could be because of your environment. Try to get yourself in a space alone with no distractions, and make sure you feel well rested and have had enough water and something to eat. If you feel like you're going to fall asleep try splashing your face with this water or playing upbeat music that sets the pace for your work.

If you're forgetting things, the best way to remember is verbally and by writing things down - if you're learning about an event or even vocabulary just repeat it aloud constantly and get people to test you on what you've memorized. Writing out information neatly in bright colors and highlighting also may help! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlizaF)
    Maybe the reason you lose focus is because you're uninterested in the subjects? Or it could be because of your environment. Try to get yourself in a space alone with no distractions, and make sure you feel well rested and have had enough water and something to eat. If you feel like you're going to fall asleep try splashing your face with this water or playing upbeat music that sets the pace for your work.

If you're forgetting things, the best way to remember is verbally and by writing things down - if you're learning about an event or even vocabulary just repeat it aloud constantly and get people to test you on what you've memorized. Writing out information neatly in bright colors and highlighting also may help! Good luck
    Yes your right. I think some of those things may help, hopefully. Thankyou😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonix4)
    I really need help studying for my GCSE i have a short attention span and can hardly focus on one thing. I get bored when studying and everything i study i forget instantly.
    Have you practised doing past papers? If you have not it will definitely benefit you as the questions that come up on the specimen and on old specimen would be similar.

It is not too late there is still 2 months or maybe less- just keep going over your notes and as you have said you get bored when studying then why not find an interactive way to learn something in a fun way. Please don't give up I'm basically in the same situation as you are in but I'm trying to do my best and learning from my mistakes and taking in the advice given by everyone around me.

By the way look after your health (I have learnt a lot from this advice). Try eating bananas as they increase your memory and go to sleep early and wake up early like at 4:00 or 4:30 (this has been proven to actually absorb all the information you have done in that time- mornings are the best).

I wish I have started waking up in the morning before but now I see the benefit from it.

Just start from now and you can do it!!!

Hopefully, my advice has helped you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_18)
    Have you practised doing past papers? If you have not it will definitely benefit you as the questions that come up on the specimen and on old specimen would be similar.

It is not too late there is still 2 months or maybe less- just keep going over your notes and as you have said you get bored when studying then why not find an interactive way to learn something in a fun way. Please don't give up I'm basically in the same situation as you are in but I'm trying to do my best and learning from my mistakes and taking in the advice given by everyone around me.

By the way look after your health (I have learnt a lot from this advice). Try eating bananas as they increase your memory and go to sleep early and wake up early like at 4:00 or 4:30 (this has been proven to actually absorb all the information you have done in that time- mornings are the best).

I wish I have started waking up in the morning before but now I see the benefit from it.

Just start from now and you can do it!!!

Hopefully, my advice has helped you.
    Thankyou so much for replying. Those seems like excellent ideas, im going to start eating bananas now and doing past papers.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.