Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve just been accepted on the Access to Medicine and Dentistry course this coming September! I plan on studying Medicine after this. I was wondering how much prep I should do before I get there and how it is assessed? As I’m looking at Universities and it wants 45 credits in distinction mostly. Any advice regarding applying for medical school and how the access course works exactly would be fantastic! Thanks guys
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Andielo1230)
    I’ve just been accepted on the Access to Medicine and Dentistry course this coming September! I plan on studying Medicine after this. I was wondering how much prep I should do before I get there and how it is assessed? As I’m looking at Universities and it wants 45 credits in distinction mostly. Any advice regarding applying for medical school and how the access course works exactly would be fantastic! Thanks guys
    You will to use the search facility but there was a poster last year who did this course at Manchester and got a place at medical school. Female from Sheffield. If you can find an make contact with her through PM then i bet she could give you invaluable info.

Imo A levels are superior to Access course an accepted everywhere, but Access courses are not.

Theres loads of info about applying to Medical schools on these forums s read the stickies at the top of the medic forum.

Access courses are c 18 units and then 15 of them are assessed. You get either a pass, merit or distinction for each unit. Each unit is normally worth 3 credits so 3x 15= 45 . No mistakes allowed basically and top marks all the way. You fall below this and youve more or less blown it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my. Thank you very much, I will have a good search around. Sounds intense, I knew the level of work is very intense. I’m really hoping I’ll get my way through it! Thanks again.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.