Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Gcse science higher or foundation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically in year 10 I did higher paper for triple science and got u but I didn't revise so that's my fault.

In year 11 back in November I got a u again in my science but I was 3 marks off for a grade 4

My teacher recommended to do foundation for March mocks but when I went in to the exam hall I saw that I was doing higher paper. I know I failed it so I will be transferred to do the Foundation paper for gcse
    The thing is I've got asian parents and I've been getting tutored for science and I want to do higher but my teacher is very stubborn.
    How could I persuade her to put me for higher for my gcse exams??
    Advice now please

ReputationRep:
    You may have left it too late - why should your teacher believe you now when all the evidence you have given us suggests you should be doing Foundation - but wait to see how you did in the recent mock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    You may have left it too late - why should your teacher believe you now when all the evidence you have given us suggests you should be doing Foundation - but wait to see how you did in the recent mock.
    Is there a possibility that I can do the higher paper if I got a grade 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Educationisfun)
    Is there a possibility that I can do the higher paper if I got a grade 4
    It's not too late for the school to change the exam entry they've made with the exam board but whether they will or not is up to them.

ReputationRep:
    Do you do any extra work at school?

One of the reasons your teacher probably recommended you do foundation was because they think it's too hard for you to pass doing higher or you aren't putting in the work. If you honestly are going to put the work in I would do past papers and give them to your teacher to mark, and to show that you are trying to improve. Also, maybe attend after school revision sessions. You'll have to do a lot more revision on top of that though. If you don't end up doing higher remember you can still pass doing foundation. Good luck.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.