Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Generally, I use all my self-study periods in school and most days after school to revise - I usually do about 17 hours a week of self-study in school alone (including after school teacher-led revision sessions, it'd be about 20 hours, and I do about 5 hours of work on weekends). I've done this since September 1st, except for about 3 weeks that I took off.

However, until now I thought that was enough, so I do almost nothing at home. Until now, I'd come home and relax or sleep, but recently I found out my friend in another school has a more intensive revision plan, where he utilises all his school time and then does more work when he gets home, with only like half an hour of downtime. I can't tell if that is him being excessive or me being lazy - so is about 20-25 hours of revision per week enough? Should I push myself to do more work at home after school?

(F.Y.I., I'm taking 4 A-Levels)

I think for A levels little and often tends to work well. If what you're doing is getting you good marks in tests etc. then keep it up.

I'm in Y13 and am also doing 4 and do very little at home during the week, as I get it all done in school, but this works for me so I keep it up. Don't worry about what/ how much other people are doing, just do you if it's working You don't want to overload yourself.

(But by the sounds of it that's just him being excessive lol)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful revision links

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.