The Student Room Group

Cooking at uni?

I'm creating a meal plan and any suggestions of things I could cook (omit the vegetable side of things, I don't have a problem cooking/making that stuff) would be appreciated. On top of that, those of you who cater for themselves, which city are you in, how much do you spend a week and how do you generally go about catering for yourself each week (For example, do you always make your breakfast and lunch or do you occasionally go to a food court or restaurant, etc)?
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
I'm creating a meal plan and any suggestions of things I could cook (omit the vegetable side of things, I don't have a problem cooking/making that stuff) would be appreciated. On top of that, those of you who cater for themselves, which city are you in, how much do you spend a week and how do you generally go about catering for yourself each week (For example, do you always make your breakfast and lunch or do you occasionally go to a food court or restaurant, etc)?

I spent £25 a week on food when I lived alone at uni, I made my own food most of the time with the occasional pasty and burger out. Ideally you want to make meals with cheap meat in bulk so i made a lot of things with frozen chicken and mince, like curry with a own brand sauce jar or bolognese from scratch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending