Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I wanted to make this thread for any applicants applying to Kent, so we can discuss our options and what we hope to get!

It would also be helpful for any current students to give suggestions!

So far, my options are:

Darwin College
    Parkwood
    Keynes College/Houses
    Turing Houses

ReputationRep:
    Erm Kent Accomodation is realllyyyy expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyoustele)
    Erm Kent Accomodation is realllyyyy expensive
    Some are cheaper than others though. But then, I guess it depends on what accommodation you end up with.

ReputationRep:
    I chose

- Turing college
    - Keynes college
    - Turing houses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishnarohanm)
    I chose

- Turing college
    - Keynes college
    - Turing houses
    Ah nice! Some are similar to mine. What do you like about those three options?

ReputationRep:
    I really liked that they are central campus and I needed a kitchen because im cooking my own meals. Also the houses are so beautiful!! im looking forward to my first year, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishnarohanm)
    I really liked that they are central campus and I needed a kitchen because im cooking my own meals. Also the houses are so beautiful!! im looking forward to my first year, what about you?
    I totally agree! The rooms in Turing houses look really good and it's nice to share the kitchen with a group of people (although I do make a mess sometimes when I cook hehe). Plus I also like Parkwood too-the 6 bed houses mainly. It seems like a good social area as well.

I don't mind having either an en-suite or sharing a bathroom as long as I'm self-catered.

ReputationRep:
    Kent uni has some really reasonably priced accomodation, looked really good
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! I chose:

Turning college
    Tyler courts
    Turning house
    Parkwood house

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I’ve chosen:

Turing House
    Turing Flat
    Keynes House
    Keynes Flat

ReputationRep:
    I've picked:

1. Cheapest
    2. 2nd cheapest
    3. 3rd cheapest
    4. 4th cheapest
    5. 5th cheapest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    I've picked:

1. Cheapest
    2. 2nd cheapest
    3. 3rd cheapest
    4. 4th cheapest
    5. 5th cheapest
    Good plan tbh. I just picked the ones I liked lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaunie3)
    Good plan tbh. I just picked the ones I liked lol.
    fair enough most people do that, id rather save for future with money saved

ReputationRep:
    I picked:

Turing Large
    Tyler Court
    Turing Houses
    Keynes Houses

ReputationRep:
    From this thread so far it seems that Turing is very popular!

ReputationRep:
    (Current 1st year here)Turing is normally the most popular. Great for freshers week as the kitchens are huge, Keynes is very similar (but Keynes accommodation itself varies, as there are a few different types of buildings).All of Parkwood will be very similar next year. Flats are the best, and are 1 year old and very big, comparable to Turing. Parkwood is also next to the sports pitches/ and outdoor netball courts etc.Parkwood houses are decent, and all of them would have been re-done by the time you're here so all decent. I was in the only unrenovated court and was pretty shite.Tyler is also nice, Rutherford is average, and with Darwin, very out of the way.I'd recommend Turing, Keynes then Tyler (God knows about A, B or C...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GRussell97)
    (Current 1st year here)Turing is normally the most popular. Great for freshers week as the kitchens are huge, Keynes is very similar (but Keynes accommodation itself varies, as there are a few different types of buildings).All of Parkwood will be very similar next year. Flats are the best, and are 1 year old and very big, comparable to Turing. Parkwood is also next to the sports pitches/ and outdoor netball courts etc.Parkwood houses are decent, and all of them would have been re-done by the time you're here so all decent. I was in the only unrenovated court and was pretty shite.Tyler is also nice, Rutherford is average, and with Darwin, very out of the way.I'd recommend Turing, Keynes then Tyler (God knows about A, B or C...)
    Thanks for this! Just wanted to ask, did you get your first choice of accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know in which accommodation there are the most international students?

ReputationRep:
    My picks:

1. Turing Flats - large
    2. Keynes Flats - large
    3. Turing Houses
    4. Keynes Houses

I heard there is a very high demand in the first two. Pretty nervous about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowmow)
    Do you know in which accommodation there are the most international students?
    Probably Turing? I heard that many international students choose that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 17, 2018

University open days

1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.