Turn on thread page Beta

Can you still get an A* A A if you start revising now? watch

ReputationRep:
    In my school, I'm known to be quite a 'smart' and 'intelligent' student due to my good AS grades (AAA) and GCSE grades (4A*'s 6A's).
    But, the thing that is eating at me is I HAVE NOT STARTED REVISING PROPERLY FOR MY A-LEVEL EXAMS!

I don't know what to do and where to begin. I would have started earlier but I was facing some family probems whilst also having to
    go through anxiety, depression, nausea and extreme lonliness.

For my course at university I need to get AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Geography. But, I would be so happy if I got an A* in one of them.

What do I do? Where do I start? I have exactly 3 months before my first A-level exam.

What timetables did you all make to help you revise? Have any of you revised 3 months before and still did well.

Oh, and I still have SO much of my geography coursework left to do.

ReputationRep:
    Also, how do you remain motivated to revise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValarieMerida)
    In my school, I'm known to be quite a 'smart' and 'intelligent' student due to my good AS grades (AAA) and GCSE grades (4A*'s 6A's).
    But, the thing that is eating at me is I HAVE NOT STARTED REVISING PROPERLY FOR MY A-LEVEL EXAMS!

I don't know what to do and where to begin. I would have started earlier but I was facing some family probems whilst also having to

For my course at university I need to get AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Geography. But, I would be so happy if I got an A* in one of them.

What do I do? Where do I start? I have exactly 3 months before my first A-level exam.

What timetables did you all make to help you revise? Have any of you revised 3 months before and still did well.

Where are you in mock grades?

ReputationRep:
    At this point you should know realistically which one you can an A* in, I need AAA but I’m on track for an A* in maths with just some work needed on C4. Like at this point you should be on track for it and know what you need to do to get there.

I don’t follow a timetable, I like giving myself deadlines, so I look at what needs doing and set a time and date for when it has to be completed. So instead of mapping out when to do 3 hours of chemistry set a deadline for when you should complete those 3 hours, you can do it in an organised fashion or if you’re like me, do it unorganised. E.g set so many deadlines you find yourself in choas, I find I’m super productive and efficient when I know I have a chaotic schedule ahead.

You need to revise and finish the content ASAP then start doing non-stop exam practice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyber Ninja)
    Where are you in mock grades?
    AB So Far - My Geography teacher still has not told us our mock grades as of yet.

ReputationRep:

I am doing A level computer science, maths, physics, and chemistry. I started revising during the Christmas and I felt like I had an advantage when answering exam questions in lessons over my classmates.

•I made my own revision table but pointing out what I was weak at, the weakest subject I revised more often. I suggest that you revise for a subject which you are not confident at (obviously).

•If you really want the A* then you should make your day and night as one and just sit down at a quiet place and revise for at least 4 or 8 hours a day.

•Sometimes you figure out the weakness and you can gain your confidence back on the subject and officially be ready for the exams mentally.

ReputationRep:
    AB So Far - My Geography teacher still has not told us our mock grades as of yet.
    It's doable then; try and work regularly for a few hours at least until your exama

ReputationRep:
    With discipline you can.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.