Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am thinking of starting University at Liverpool Hope in September, staying in the Harry Potter Halls. I attended the open day today and I was told that guests are not allowed to stay in your room overnight. Can anyone confirm how strict this rule is and whether anyone actually bends this? How would they find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hwileman1)
    Hi, I am thinking of starting University at Liverpool Hope in September, staying in the Harry Potter Halls. I attended the open day today and I was told that guests are not allowed to stay in your room overnight. Can anyone confirm how strict this rule is and whether anyone actually bends this? How would they find out?
    I had a flat mate who thought it was ok to have different man each nite and have sex until the morning. & no the guys are not students. I got fed up with my sleep being disturbed by the sex noises so I banged on her door (while the sounds of her getting high was top volume) asking if it's ok if I bring round my mates+pizzas and watch the sex show.

The noises stopped suddenly and neither her or her bloke answered the door. He sneaked out by morning and she moved out later while we were all at uni.

BTW it's not ok to let strangers stay uni halls/flats as it makes it unsafe for the folks living there. In my situation the men the girl brought in wanted sex, how would anyone know if they don't wander to other parts of the building to to harass other girls for sex/molest them.

If you were a girl would you feel comfortable in a hall/student flat where anyone can come in and wander round the building especially at night?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.