Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I found a website which provides past papers for my exam board - it goes back to 2001.
    https://freeexampapers.com/index.php...el/Biology/OCR

There are 6 past papers per year . In order to finish them all (till 2014) by june i have to do 6 past papers a week from now. That seems excessive, especially seeing that i have to do the same thing for chemistry, so id have to complete 12 past papers a week for a level chem and bio put together. Im not sure if i should go ahead and do this or just do the more recent past papers and try and complete as many past paper questions by topic on Physics and Maths Tutor instead.

Talking about a level biology and chem by the way - aiming for A/A*
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by tabbyglitter)
    I found a website which provides past papers for my exam board - it goes back to 2001.

There are 6 past papers per year . In order to finish them all (till 2014) by june i have to do 6 past papers a week from now. That seems excessive, especially seeing that i have to do the same thing for chemistry, so id have to complete 12 past papers a week for a level chem and bio put together. Im not sure if i should go ahead and do this or just do the more recent past papers and try and complete as many past paper questions by topic on Physics and Maths Tutor instead.

Just see how you get on and use the mark schemes. Its just as much about timing and getting familiar as it is with your actual answer. Dont do the whole paper, but do x questions. save the latest papers till closer to your real exam date.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you need to go that far back, just do the ones from the last 3 or 4 years
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

I was also looking this website but
    I think you have to do more than 6 papers per week per subject in order to complete them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qer)
    I was also looking this website but
    I think you have to do more than 6 papers per week per subject in order to complete them
    Why so? #
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

It’ll be difficult to do 12 past papers in a week. While, i’m assuming your still at school.

ReputationRep:
    honestly in my experience do as many as you can, if you can get back to 2001 it would seriously help you to understand the mark schemes, youll get much quicker at doing them as well!!

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.