Turn on thread page Beta

Really upset that I've been put on reserve list for CMT. I ranked 55 jobs. over 2 deaneries but others with my choices have outranked me. I now find myself wondering what are the chances of getting an offer being on reserve list?

I am going to apply for GP training (round 2) as otherwise I'd be without a post for August but I honestly cannot see me doing this. I hated GP as a student.

ReputationRep:
    Relatively decent - CMT is the reserve option for tonnes of people, I'd expect lots of people to start accepting offers from Anaesthetics, O&G, GP, deciding to take a year out.... they'll be people who've also got CMT jobs in the wings and as people drop off the list so you'll come up it. Obviously not guaranteed but it's fairly likely. I mean they even have 2 rounds of CMT applications, dunno if the second one has gone through yet. There were definitely CMT places unfilled last year.

If not rather than applying for GP you're better off trying to get a clinical fellow job or maybe locuming for a year to build up your CV. You could try out some things you like and it'd be less of a 'wasted' year doing something you're already planning to leave/that you don't enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    When is the deadline for accepting CMT offers? You will likely find yourself going up the reserve list in the final 24-48hrs before that deadline. Do you have any idea how far off being offered a job you are?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what CMT is like in Cambridge? Just got an offer but have opted for upgrades

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2018

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.