Turn on thread page Beta

VB1337 - Tea and Cereal Terrorism Bill 2018 watch

• View Poll Results: Should this bill be passed into law?
    As many as are of that opinion, Aye
    14.58%
    On the contrary, No
    79.17%
    Abstain
    6.25%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    B1337 - Tea and Cereal Terrorism Bill 2018, Joecphillips seconded by Connor27

A
    BILL TO
    Criminalise putting milk in tea or cereal first and the use of skimmed milk.

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1- Tea Terrorism
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they intentionally pour the milk into the container before both the tea and hot water.
    (2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life

2- Cereal Terrorism
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they intentionally pour the milk into the container before the cereal.
    (2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life

3- Skimmed Milk Terrorism
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they use fully skimmed milk.

4- Negligent making of Tea
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they Negligently pour the milk into the container before both the tea and hot water.
    (2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for 15 years

5- Negligent Making of Cereal
    (1) A person (A) commits an offence if they Negligently pour the milk into the container before the cereal.
    (2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for 15 years

6- Definitions
    (1) Tea is defined as the dried crushed leaves of the tea plant.
    (2) Milk is defined as an opaque white or bluish-white liquid secreted by the mammary glands of female mammals or any liquid resembling this, as the liquid within a coconut, the juice or sap of certain plants, or various pharmaceutical preparations.
    (3) Skimmed Milk is defined as milk from which the cream has been removed.

6- Citation and commencement
    (1) This Act extends to the United Kingdom.
    (2) The provisions of this Act come into force on Royal Assent
    (3) This Act may be referred to as the Tea and Cereal Terrorism Act 2018

Notes:People who are caught committing the horrendous acts hurt society as a whole and should be strongly punished for that, these are some of the worst acts that can be committed in a civilised society!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can see this is just filibustering. So it’s a no from me.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Joke bills shouldn't go to vote
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    Just for you Joe... I'll abstain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    As far as I can see this is just filibustering. So it’s a no from me.
    Explain to me how it’s filibustering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Explain to me how it’s filibustering?
    I accept that on second thoughts filibustering May have been the wrong word used to describe this bill. Prehaps silly or joke would be a better description.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    I accept that on second thoughts filibustering May have been the wrong word used to describe this bill. Prehaps silly or joke would be a better description.
    It is indeed a joke bill and that is how I understood it when I chose to second, I had no idea that joe intended to send it to division.

Filibustering, out of interest, is actually impossible in the MHOC, as I understand it.

ReputationRep:
    It is indeed a joke bill and that is how I understood it when I chose to second, I had no idea that joe intended to send it to division.

Filibustering, out of interest, is actually impossible in the MHOC, as I understand it.
    Ah I see. Thank you for the clarification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Joke bills shouldn't go to vote
    This
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm sure Jacob E would be willing to enlighten you. He has previously stated he believes it to be possible and I think he's used what passes as filibustering in the MHoC before.

ReputationRep:
    Nay - the government shouldn't dictate how we make our breakfast

ReputationRep:
    Nay to protect myself from being criminalised

ReputationRep:
    Joke bills should not enter division!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Joke bills should not enter division!
    Hear, hear.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Glad to see the strong disapproval of this from the house.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.