Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I turned 18 a few days ago and have said that when I do, I want to start going out more, I'm not quiet, I just never personally saw why people drink, but now that I am 18 I feel like I should atleast try it. Anyways, I do have alot of friend, but I have only a few that I would go out with and this is the problem, most of them are still 17 so aren't allowed in pubs/clubs after 9 and obviously can't drink alcohol whilst the remaining few who are 18 just don't see the point in drinking etc. So what I want to know is, is it cool to go out on your own, I guess you would and could meet people but that being said, I just can't see me meeting many solo drinkers. Luckily I work at the pub just around my corner so in a way I would always have people to talk to if I went there, but then again, I would find it kinda weird drinking at the place where I work.

ReputationRep:
    I've been out on my own a few times! It does feel a bit lonely at first but once you get a couple of drinks in you and start talking to people it's fine! I've actually met a few good friends whilst being out on my own! It's not for everyone but I would give it a go! Just make sure you go somewhere safe!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.