Turn on thread page Beta

I am really struggling with my weight and have been for the last few years but it is getting worse. I am 5ft 3 and weigh 15stone 9. I don't drive so I walk everywhere, I am always running around after my daughter and I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. I drink 2 litres of water a day and record my food intake to enable me to make sure I don't over eat and I don't snack. I am now getting soared because of my size and I don't know what else to try. I am desperate to solve this problem as I hate looking in the mirror and feel like a poor role model for my daughter, this is really affecting my confidence and life. Any help would be brilliant. I have been tested for thyroid and it came back fine.

ReputationRep:
    What is your gym routine ? If you don't already try to fit weight training into your gym routine at least twice a week. Perhaps overhaul your diet to eat stuff higher in fibre and protein. Sounds also like you aren't in a calorific deficit - so perhaps look closer at that too.

ReputationRep:
    how many calories are you eating in a day? for some people you need to eat less than 1500, more like 1200 to get any results.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.