Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else get this feeling like once every few month where you realise everything that has gone wrong in your life at that point from the beginning of the year. Where you just feel like sitting and crying but then you think to yourself that you shouldn't waste your time whilst everyone else is having fun but you just dont know how to have fun anymore?
    Or you overthink things that happened months ago. I lost a best friend almost 6 months ago now and i still think about her and what i did to break that friendship daily. Everytime anything happens i overthink so much.
    Is this just me? HELP ME IDK WHAT TO DO ANYMRE

ReputationRep:
    Forget and move on, make friends, study, do what you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hammad(214508))
    Forget and move on, make friends, study, do what you like
    Easier said than done
    THANK YOU THO I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ME_ME123)
    Does anybody else get this feeling like once every few month where you realise everything that has gone wrong in your life at that point from the beginning of the year. Where you just feel like sitting and crying but then you think to yourself that you shouldn't waste your time whilst everyone else is having fun but you just dont know how to have fun anymore?
    Or you overthink things that happened months ago. I lost a best friend almost 6 months ago now and i still think about her and what i did to break that friendship daily. Everytime anything happens i overthink so much.
    I am relating to this so much right now I completely get how you feel. I’m at a low point despite most things going well at the moment after having a tough moment. I’m not in a very good position to advise you but I would try to break the worrying and overthinking processes by doing something you really enjoy. Usually helps me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ME_ME123)
    To get out of this you need to find something to do that's not what you're already doing. Folks here can give you all the advice but nothing will work if you don't act on it. If you want to do nothing then nothing will change. If you are completely unable to make any changes by yourself, then you need professional help. Talk to someone you trust and see your GP.

l lost someone very close to me and I was very cut up by it. I could've let myself rot instead of continuing with my life.

I recovered by taking one day at a time. Each day I set my self some tasks to do like fill in some forms, go for a walk in the park alone or walk the neighbour's dog. When the sad thoughts come I think to myself - 'With every day I live, I'll live in honour of XXX [name of deceased]'. I'd find an activity to do and I'll apply it with total concentration so I don't think about the sad stuff. I'd go out with friends, briefly at first then for longer so I can focus on listening to them talk about their stuff. Focussing on others rather than myself and my recurring thoughts.

It starts hard but keep going and don't give up. It will gets easier, until you are able to move on and live again. I also put away stuff that belong to the deceased to give me time to get over things. Then when I'm ok again, I bring the stuff back out when I can fully appreciate the person who still matters so much to me.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single stop. I feel I've come to end of my journey and I'm living again. You can start your own journey by making that first step.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.