Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone could give me effective ways on how to revise the book 'Death of a Salesman' for AQA A-Level.
    I struggle quite a lot with grasping the plot as it shifts from past to present quite regularly and have trouble talking about this in essays.
    Does anyone know of any sources on how to acquire potential exam style questions so I can practice or any tips on how to remember key quotes.
    I can rarely find anything online for this book.
    thank you.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by eellieodo)
    I was wondering if anyone could give me effective ways on how to revise the book 'Death of a Salesman' for AQA A-Level.
    I struggle quite a lot with grasping the plot as it shifts from past to present quite regularly and have trouble talking about this in essays.
    Does anyone know of any sources on how to acquire potential exam style questions so I can practice or any tips on how to remember key quotes.
    I can rarely find anything online for this book.
    thank you.
    By he time you get to A level you should eb thinking about buying revision books.

Look at YouTube and theres also.

https://www.litcharts.com/lit/death-of-a-salesman

ReputationRep:
    I went to see the play in theatres which really helped my understanding. If you can try and see it too or see if you can watch it online somewhere!
    Try reading about the themes and symbolism online and then read the book again, it makes it 10x more interesting once you understand why everything happens. The play is amazing to both watch and read once you understand it. Seeing it live made me cry like a baby!! If you need any more help don't be afraid to dm me.

Helpful Links

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/salesman/
    https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literatu...-of-a-salesman

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'll definitely try to go watch it on stage and I'll take a look at these links!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 11, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.