Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi there

I have low confidence but find a girl in the upper year really attractive and some in my year (i'm 15 in year 10) but i don't have any confidence. should i post pictures on my ig accoutn (I deleted my old account because I got hate comments on some of my pictures). I think it would improve my confidence but really not sure...any help

ReputationRep:
    Hey

If you think that posting pics on ig will boost your confidence then go for it!
    Maybe try saying hi to a girl or smiling you know just being friendly and hopefully they’re friendly back and that should raise your confidence a bit as well.

ReputationRep:
    go gym bro

I do. I run like every day too
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    go gym bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do. I run like every day too
    no i mean do bodybuilding

I do do weights at home and gym
    (Original post by rickyrossman)
    no i mean do bodybuilding

ReputationRep:
    I do do weights at home and gym
    pics?

First of all life is not about impressing girls please trust me on this. Yes attractiveness is the whole package but if you are lacking confidence within yourself generally start off with hobbies you would enjoy whether it would be such as dancing but try a different mix such as hip hop or salsa? That way you get to meet all types of people who want to share the same passion as you as well as perhaps some girls who you have a common ground with? When you do start talking to a girl start off with the aim is not about being in a relationship. Honestly focus on your GCSEs you got years ahead of you! I promise you will glow up in your 20s definitely and find your girl in uni!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I have low confidence but find a girl in the upper year really attractive and some in my year (i'm 15 in year 10) but i don't have any confidence. should i post pictures on my ig accoutn (I deleted my old account because I got hate comments on some of my pictures). I think it would improve my confidence but really not sure...any help
    Don't post any pictures of yourself, it's completely unnecessary.
    Going to the gym can work as a fantastic motivator, start eating healthier, gain some hobbies or passions, girls love boys who are really enthusiastic and passionate about achieving their goals.
    I think you should really ask yourself whether you are ready for a relationship, I feel your pain and understand your frustration, but there are times in life when its best to keep with your goals.
    The confidence issue will go as you progress so don't let it hinder your potential. You are still young, so stick to education and try to not get distracted. I went through the exact same emotions it's normal, you are not going to increase your confidence immediately, but taking small steps will get you to where you want to be.

ReputationRep:
    Practice walking with good posture - head held high - shoulders back chest out (especially when a girl of interest is headed in your direction) - think about something you love whilst doing these things and smile - using this as a guide will soon have you beaming in confidence. (make sure you're as best groomed as u can be) Trust me after a little bit girls will be approaching you! Also make sure you make eye contact with the girls you like.

ReputationRep:
    nofap seems to work for a lot of dudes

whether it's just placebo effect/psuedo- science idk

I know my GCSES are important but tbh I want to actually enjoy life. I have no mates and I've literally given up on getting any at my school but I think I can get on better with some girls. Everyone in my year is literally going out with someone even with year 8s.it makes me so pissed to feel everyone is having a better time than me. The closest person I had to a gf and who was a really good friend stopped talking to me cos she got a boyfriend. I've been really depressed for well over a year now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.