Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been dating this Pakistani girl for a few weeks and today her brother saw her walking with me and pulled up by the side of us and starting being aggressive asking me where we were going fam and what am I doing with her and she said I was a friend from school and we just bumped into each other so was just walking and chatting.

He told her to get in the car and then drove off. A little while ago she text me saying he doesn't believe her and he is asking all kinds of questions about me and I'm actually scared cos I'm 17 and he is a big guy about 23 and I dunno what he will do.

What should I do? She text me saying not to worry but I'm pretty scared what might happen. Nothing has happened between us but I don't want to stop seeing her just cos of her brother.

ReputationRep:
    maybe it's because Pakistani's aren't really supposed to be dating , trust me it's a normal reaction from their culture XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    maybe it's because Pakistani's aren't really supposed to be dating , trust me it's a normal reaction from their culture XD
    But she didn't tell him we were dating. I know the culture is quite strict but it's 2018, people need to get with the times. Even if we were not dating we were just walking together, where is the harm in that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazaaa)
    But she didn't tell him we were dating. I know the culture is quite strict but it's 2018, people need to get with the times. Even if we were not dating we were just walking together, where is the harm in that?
    yeh you're right regardless that brother shouldn't of done that , train hard in the gym and beat his ass later

ReputationRep:
    I come from a Pakistani family, and lets just say that no matter what year it is they will continue to live in the past, being overbearing and strict, their views are old fashioned especially when it comes to the role they think a female should play in life.
    The girl's brother most likely shares those views to. You might want to stay low around them so you dont get her in trouble or maybe try to talk to her brother or something.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Maybe have an identity change
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    :lol: Maybe have an identity change
    I know you're joking but it's not fair. It's only been a few weeks but I really like this girl so it sucks now he knows, or suspects. I asked if he or her dad would search her phone and she said no they probably won't but she deleted all messages and stuff so I think it will be ok.

I dunno what he'll do if he catches me with her again, it sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I know you're joking but it's not fair. It's only been a few weeks but I really like this girl so it sucks now he knows, or suspects. I asked if he or her dad would search her phone and she said no they probably won't but she deleted all messages and stuff so I think it will be ok.

I dunno what he'll do if he catches me with her again, it sucks.
    Tbh, she'll face most of it.

ReputationRep:
    This Pakistani girl used to flirt with me and said she had a crush on me, sends me stuff on FB all the time, and asked to meet up so I thought hey why not… it’s all on her end, If she stopped messaging me I wouldn’t have thought twice about it tbh

Anyway, turns out her brother went to my school and was a year above me, our ‘date’ was in a few days and he sees me, runs up to me and grabs me then pins me up against the wall and tells me to leave her alone, stop talking to her and cancel the date giving me all kinds of threats, ngl I was sh****g bricks… I’m just confused af thinking how is this even my fault??

She recently sent me a friend request again on Facebook… this isn’t gonna turn out like one of those horror movies is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Tbh, she'll face most of it.
    What do you mean? Like she will have a worse time at home about it?

I'd hate to think that I caused any problems or made her life difficult because of it. What should I do?

We go off to uni next year and we're going to the same uni hopefully so maybe if we just keep it low until then or whatever. It's not even her dad that is pissed it's her brother who seems to just control who she hangs out with.

ReputationRep:

I'd hate to think that I caused any problems or made her life difficult because of it. What should I do?

We go off to uni next year and we're going to the same uni hopefully so maybe if we just keep it low until then or whatever. It's not even her dad that is pissed it's her brother who seems to just control who she hangs out with.
    Yes.
    You probs have. Nothing, what can you do? If you do something, you'll make it worse.
    Depends on the family. Oh well, it's up to her what she does at the end of the day She knows what she's getting into (she should know)

ReputationRep:

Cut your losses and run bro, no outcome from this ends well for you. This is their culture and they are bare protective so you are not getting within 2 feet of her with her family around. You'll either end up getting the beating of your life or you'll cause her so many problems at home that she will just be upset and fighting with her family.

That is one hornets nest you don't want to stick your hand in trust me.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.