Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get temporary learner insurance on a car for like a month, if it is your car. I know you can but everywhere I’ve seen requires it to be a friends/family members car, that already has a normal insurance policy of some sort
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Fighter365)
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get temporary learner insurance on a car for like a month, if it is your car. I know you can but everywhere I’ve seen requires it to be a friends/family members car, that already has a normal insurance policy of some sort
    Just get a normal policy and then cancel it if you don't want it anymore..?

ReputationRep:
    Nah unless the car has a main policyholder. Just go get a normal learners policy from like collingwood or adrian flux and then cancel it, you'll probably have to pay a cancellation fee but it's the only option you're gonna have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Just get a normal policy and then cancel it if you don't want it anymore..?
    I would but they charge a ridiculous amount for short notice cancellation, plus admin fees and all that nonsense
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would but they charge a ridiculous amount for short notice cancellation, plus admin fees and all that nonsense
    Well yeah, but it'd still be cheaper than the short term policies.. that's if you can even find a provider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevershear)
    Nah unless the car has a main policyholder. Just go get a normal learners policy from like collingwood or adrian flux and then cancel it, you'll probably have to pay a cancellation fee but it's the only option you're gonna have.
    Looks like that’s what I’m gonna have to do. Btw I just bought a seat Ibiza guys
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Once you pass, you inform them, and they should cancel the policy free of charge and refund you the amount you have overpaid. Easy.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like that’s what I’m gonna have to do. Btw I just bought a seat Ibiza guys
    Wahey, enjoy it. It's not the springiest of cars (not even the sport edition) but it'll do you proud for years to come until you inevitably can't let go and end up buying a Cupra

And yeah what Sheepy says, if your test is soon just keep it until you pass and then generally learner insurance gets cancelled for free, or they'll offer an upgrade to a full policy if it's something they provide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevershear)
    Wahey, enjoy it. It's not the springiest of cars (not even the sport edition) but it'll do you proud for years to come until you inevitably can't let go and end up buying a Cupra

And yeah what Sheepy says, if your test is soon just keep it until you pass and then generally learner insurance gets cancelled for free, or they'll offer an upgrade to a full policy if it's something they provide.
    Thanks, it looks so nice I love it!

I got a policy from collingwood in the end, I didn’t realise that they did own car short term policies
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I got a policy from collingwood in the end, I didn’t realise that they did own car short term policies
    You didn't need to get a short term policy. I had their long term policy; when I passed they cancelled it and refunded me the months I didn't use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    You didn't need to get a short term policy. I had their long term policy; when I passed they cancelled it and refunded me the months I didn't use.
    Well I’m hoping to pass very soon
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well I’m hoping to pass very soon
    Still could’ve took a long term... would’ve saved you money :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.