Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Aberystwyth or Essex watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really need an answer fast. Please justified yourself don't shoot straight answers. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to either of them but one of my friends wants to go Aberystwyth so I check the reviews and ranking and in nearly all of them Essex was higher. Thats not really the reason to go there but still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michpcx)
    I haven't been to either of them but one of my friends wants to go Aberystwyth so I check the reviews and ranking and in nearly all of them Essex was higher. Thats not really the reason to go there but still.
    Yeah but especially for computer science Aber is a few places above secondly the accommodations are a lot cheaper idk i am not from uk and cant even visit them. By the way Essex's offer is really low if I put them firm choice and really high if I put them as second choice It is a smart one

ReputationRep:
    I can only say from what I heard and I heard that Aberystwyth is not the best uni, I even saw someone on this forum asking if they can leave this uni and transfer somewhere else but on the other hand I heard that Essex has quite high crime rate (again take this with bit of salt because thats only what I heard). I was gonna put Essex as one of my top 5 universities so I don''t know. If I were you, I would call them up, ask them basically everything you can, about the course, accomedation etc, check reviews online, look at the buildings, how far everything is from the campus and I would just try and decide then but I would be more on Essex side. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michpcx)
    I can only say from what I heard and I heard that Aberystwyth is not the best uni, I even saw someone on this forum asking if they can leave this uni and transfer somewhere else but on the other hand I heard that Essex has quite high crime rate (again take this with bit of salt because thats only what I heard). I was gonna put Essex as one of my top 5 universities so I don''t know. If I were you, I would call them up, ask them basically everything you can, about the course, accomedation etc, check reviews online, look at the buildings, how far everything is from the campus and I would just try and decide then but I would be more on Essex side. Good luck!
    Thank you mate !

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.