Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are guys who study physics at Uni easy to talk to even if I'm a girl watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been to three applicant days recently all for physics and when I was there I was on my own without my parents. As one of the only people without parents there I always try to chat and make friends with people who are also on their own so they and I aren't lonely. When I was there I attempted to chat with anyone I could find male or female and I found that guys just didn't want to chat to me or were very shy, they were very shy when any girl came over to them but when I chat to a girl we get on great. Are boys who take physics just shy about talking to girls or was it just coincidence. Sorry if this is a weird post.

ReputationRep:
    Could be that the guys you tried to talk to are good at physics but not good socially?

ReputationRep:
    It's just some people. You'll meet the real team when you join university.

ReputationRep:
    People will open up at uni when they get comfortable. You'll make plenty of friends.

Societies tend to be where you find a lot of your friends too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PRS599)
    I've been to three applicant days recently all for physics and when I was there I was on my own without my parents. As one of the only people without parents there I always try to chat and make friends with people who are also on their own so they and I aren't lonely. When I was there I attempted to chat with anyone I could find male or female and I found that guys just didn't want to chat to me or were very shy, they were very shy when any girl came over to them but when I chat to a girl we get on great. Are boys who take physics just shy about talking to girls or was it just coincidence. Sorry if this is a weird post.
    Same here for engineering.

Which universities are you interested in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'msoPi)
    Same here for engineering.

Which universities are you interested in?
    UCL is my firm and Cardiff is my insurance, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    UCL is my firm and Cardiff is my insurance, what about you?
    Oh nice! Congrats on that UCL offer I'm likely going to either firm Leeds or Bath and have Nottingham as my insurance. Still undecided

ReputationRep:
    I take physics (A-level).
    I'm socially awkward.

Although, I wouldn't base your one experience of a day of experience. Once everyone gets to Uni and realises they're going to be there for the next 3 years with the same people, they're going to have to make friends socially awkward or not (although I'm challenging myself not too).

ReputationRep:
    Einstein was quite the ladies' man.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy who takes Physics at Uni, and to answer your question, yes I would go on a date with you

jks im dead inside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'msoPi)
    Oh nice! Congrats on that UCL offer I'm likely going to either firm Leeds or Bath and have Nottingham as my insurance. Still undecided
    Nottingham was great I really loved it when I went!

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham was great I really loved it when I went!
    I definitely agree, it has a lovely quality about it. I was even considering putting Nottingham as my firm and have no insurance haha

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.