Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever accidentally thrown away something valuable? watch

ReputationRep:
    Not really valuable but I accidentally left my dogs favourite mini basketball in the box for the cardboard and it was taken away.

ReputationRep:
    No but I’m constantly afraid that might happen.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Probably lots of things. I am really good (bad?) with throwing things away. Like I will easily go through my stuff going "don't need that, that can go, that's useless" and then toss it all either in the bin or straight to charity. Only when I realise that actually that thing would have been useful, it's too late. I just love the feeling of a good clear out, not actually considering the individual items. Some items you will only use once or twice a year, but you still need them, yet I think "nah they're no good". So not necessarily valuable as in money, but valuable as in really good to have and I'm a knob for throwing it away.

ReputationRep:
    was bout to say my exes but nope, they really are trash

ReputationRep:
    A relationship 😂

No but I’ve avoided throwing anything valuable away. Closest I’ve came is - I was so hungover once I unwrapped my Twix, threw the Twix in the bin and walked off with the wrapper.

ReputationRep:
    Only food

ReputationRep:
    I’m still mad about my mum throwing out my favourite spoon when I was 6. I’ll never forget u lil spoon.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pez3)
    Not really valuable but I accidentally left my dogs favourite mini basketball in the box for the cardboard and it was taken away.
    Yes, plenty of times. Trust me, you're not the only person to do this lol

ReputationRep:
    A neurotic friend once binned £400 in cash while we were out camping, and couldn't remember where she tossed it afterwards. Luckily we were able to find it for her by getting her to retrace her steps and find the exact bin and find the cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Probably lots of things. I am really good (bad?) with throwing things away. Like I will easily go through my stuff going "don't need that, that can go, that's useless" and then toss it all either in the bin or straight to charity. Only when I realise that actually that thing would have been useful, it's too late. I just love the feeling of a good clear out, not actually considering the individual items. Some items you will only use once or twice a year, but you still need them, yet I think "nah they're no good". So not necessarily valuable as in money, but valuable as in really good to have and I'm a knob for throwing it away.
    I do that all the time lol

ReputationRep:
    I put my phone in the outside bin and was looking for it for hours, I only found it when I was ringing it in my house and my friend came and said she could hear a phone in the bin outside 😂

ReputationRep:
    My virginity

oh wait...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.