Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I love Liverpool as a city; and the accommodation is fantastic (I’m very picky with where I live)! I have an offer at Uni of Liverpool for law but I’m sooo worried about after Uni... I want to go onto be either a solicitor or a barrister (not sure which one yet) so if I choose solicitor; I want to get into a good law firm in London. And if a barrister, I want to get really successful (however you do that - haha!). So I also got an offer from Uni of Manchester and I thought the Uni was great and lovely; but the accommodation was NOT nice at all! But I’m hearing that Manchester Uni is sooo much better for Law. I really don’t know what to do - I haven’t even applied for Manc accommodation so if I go there I’ll probably get left with the scraps is Liverpool really that bad to become a success? Thanks xxxxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    J-SP might be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    There’s plenty of private student accommodation in Manchester if you are picky.

Your chances of being employed by a law firm or getting a pupilage will not be determined by your university.

Where the university will help is the opportunities it can provide to you to build your CV. Manchester is more targeted than Liverpool, especially with london law firms. But that’s down to more Manchester students aiming for jobs in the city - partly down to size or the uni, partly down to the higher number of Home Counties/London raised students.

Liverpool isn’t bad - you will just have to be a bit more proactive in building networks than if you were at Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteBimbo)
    I love Liverpool as a city; and the accommodation is fantastic (I’m very picky with where I live)! I have an offer at Uni of Liverpool for law but I’m sooo worried about after Uni... I want to go onto be either a solicitor or a barrister (not sure which one yet) so if I choose solicitor; I want to get into a good law firm in London. And if a barrister, I want to get really successful (however you do that - haha!). So I also got an offer from Uni of Manchester and I thought the Uni was great and lovely; but the accommodation was NOT nice at all! But I’m hearing that Manchester Uni is sooo much better for Law. I really don’t know what to do - I haven’t even applied for Manc accommodation so if I go there I’ll probably get left with the scraps is Liverpool really that bad to become a success? Thanks xxxxx
    Well I did apply into both universities and i manage to get a conditional offer from university of liverpool, you really dont have to worry about your after career since both are russel group universities and top in the world wide list. A friend told me i shall choose liverpool since manchester is so demanding and really tough, you really have to put a lot of effort to get even a 2:1, where in liverpool the course stracture if you applied for LLB law as i did, the university of liverpool will slowly intergate you into the subjects and you can choose a year abroad or summer school in a foreign country. As we both share same concerns about our career in the futere I think its a persons personality and skills that will help him/her succeed. Just to finished if you look the rankinga manchester is 31st and liverpool 33rd, so its up to you, although for me manchester is way too crowded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex12xx)
    Well I did apply into both universities and i manage to get a conditional offer from university of liverpool, you really dont have to worry about your after career since both are russel group universities and top in the world wide list. A friend told me i shall choose liverpool since manchester is so demanding and really tough, you really have to put a lot of effort to get even a 2:1, where in liverpool the course stracture if you applied for LLB law as i did, the university of liverpool will slowly intergate you into the subjects and you can choose a year abroad or summer school in a foreign country. As we both share same concerns about our career in the futere I think its a persons personality and skills that will help him/her succeed. Just to finished if you look the rankinga manchester is 31st and liverpool 33rd, so its up to you, although for me manchester is way too crowded
    Hey! Thanks for the reply; my phone hasn’t told me about any notifications so it looks like I’ve been ignoring everyone on here ! Wow that is really helpful actually; I might choose Liverpool then ! Are you starting this year or are you already a student there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    There’s plenty of private student accommodation in Manchester if you are picky.

Your chances of being employed by a law firm or getting a pupilage will not be determined by your university.

Where the university will help is the opportunities it can provide to you to build your CV. Manchester is more targeted than Liverpool, especially with london law firms. But that’s down to more Manchester students aiming for jobs in the city - partly down to size or the uni, partly down to the higher number of Home Counties/London raised students.

Liverpool isn’t bad - you will just have to be a bit more proactive in building networks than if you were at Manchester
    Oh right yeah I understand ! That’s sounds good then; I guess I’ll have to build up my CV well and fingers crossed get to where I want to be ! Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteBimbo)
    Hey! Thanks for the reply; my phone hasn’t told me about any notifications so it looks like I’ve been ignoring everyone on here ! Wow that is really helpful actually; I might choose Liverpool then ! Are you starting this year or are you already a student there?
    Its really fine dont worry, I applied for my entry year in 2018 this September, so we might be in the same year classmates. The only thing that worries me its that im from another country so i wont know anyone in liverpool im gonna be a total stranger, so would you like maybe talk on instagram or st ? I eould realy like to know people b4 entering uni :/

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.