Turn on thread page Beta

Your starting XI World Cup 2018 (England) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard28)
    Hodgson needs to have some balls and drop the usual big names.

Butland
    Walker Maguire Stones Rose
    Dier Wilshere
    AOC Alli Sterling
    Kane
    What year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    You would think experience over youth on such a big stage; hence why Cahill has to play.

I wouldn't even play Rashford I'd go Kane Vardy

ReputationRep:
    Cahill is ****.

Chelsea’s record with and without him tells a story and he’s not done anything this season to merit a place, never mind a starting role.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure I'd roll with Rose as a Spurs fan, not much game time, Poch prefers Davies to him.

Who else have we got at LB though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Not sure I'd roll with Rose as a Spurs fan, not much game time, Poch prefers Davies to him.

Bertrand or you take a risk and play Sesssgnon of Fulham
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by rockrunride)

Ashley Young. Problem is he's very inconsistent. He was dreadful against Palace on Monday but handled Salah superbly today.

Ryan Bertrand as well. Only other English LB I can think of who's playing regularly is Daniels at Bournemouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Not Henderson or Hart but somehow they'll make their way to the starting XI.

I don't think I'd want Maguire or Tarks as a DM though.
    Yeah spot on, I'd throw Butland and Young in the mix, Rashford obviously deserves a shout, would have Wilshere too
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Ashley Young. Problem is he's very inconsistent. He was dreadful against Palace on Monday but handled Salah superbly today.

Ryan Bertrand as well. Only other English LB I can think of who's playing regularly is Daniels at Bournemouth.
    Delph?

Probably go something like

Butland
    Walker Stones Maguire Delph
    Alli Dier Wilshere
    Lallana Kane Sterling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Delph?

Butland
    Alli Dier Wilshere
    Lallana Kane Sterling
    I would play Tarkowski instead of Stones. Mee and Tarkowski have been amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    I would play Tarkowski instead of Stones. Mee and Tarkowski have been amazing
    Tarkowski is who the third person in a three centre back person I'd use. My issue is that he may struggle outside of a parked bus Burnley. He'd definitely be taken especially ahead of jokers like Smalling and Cahill.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope Southgate does not continue the trend and favouring players just because they play for a big team.

The reality is that there are players outside the top 6 in the EPL who deserve a place.

The no 1 place should be between Pickford, Butland or even Pope of Burnley he has been great

Harry Macguire and James Tarkowsi/John Stones deserve to be the main pairing or trio depending on the formation England play. They have been better than Cahill, Smalling etc..

Danny Rose hasn't been selected much by Poch. Ryan Bertrand is okay but has not been in the best of form this season. Ryan Sessegnon deserves a shot even if he does not start deserves to have a place can play LB/LWB so can play in a back 3 or back 4.

Kyle Walker has already bagged the RB position. Trippier deserves the sub spot.

DM would probably me Dier. Henderson and Delph maybe bench. This is probably the weakest position for England. So perhaps it could lead to experimenting Stones/Macguire in this position but that's unlikely. The only player close as a DM to Dier is probably Chalobah of Watford but he is injured

It would be interesting to see the formation if it is a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or 3-4-3/3-5-2.

If it is a 4-3-3 then it should be D.Alli, E.Dier, A.Oxlade Chamberlain (plays well in a 3 man midfield)

Kane and Sterling will defo start. That leaves on more spot if it is a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. Most Likely Rashford has it bagged. Got pace, goals and is decent at set pieces like corners. Harry Kane better not be taking corners like he did before.

Players like Vardy, Albrighton and Gray also deserve a shot on the bench. They can have an impact when England are losing.

ReputationRep:
    Pickford

Stones Jones Smalling
    Walker Dier Alli Ox Rose
    Kane Vardy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Delph?

Butland
    Alli Dier Wilshere
    Lallana Kane Sterling
    Totally forgot about Delph. Although you'd imagine he will be used in midfield given England's deficiencies there.

I think it's superb that him, Young & Chamberlain have all worked their way back into contention by playing well for the top 3 clubs.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.