Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

How far in advance did you get your dissertation bound? watch

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you get yours bound and printed on the day of the deadline?

Questioning whether to give myself more time but risk having a stressful hand-in day. Or finish without perfecting it but at least have peace of mind that it's sorted.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by difficult)

Questioning whether to give myself more time but risk having a stressful hand-in day. Or finish without perfecting it but at least have peace of mind that it's sorted.
    Getting it printed and bound on the day of the deadline is asking for trouble. Aim for at least 48 hours before, for everything, just edit faster and more effectively to ensure that is possible.

ReputationRep:
    bear in mind that you're probably not the only one with that deadline. if your uni is binding it for you, think how many others they'll have too so get it in, in time to have it ready. print shops will have similar issues too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I finished mine officially (proof read and checked) 3 weeks before mine was due in, but I have other reports to complete which are a month away *gasps*, I still would not of got it bounded that early though, I’d say a week before the deadline is comfortable enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Getting it printed and bound on the day of the deadline is asking for trouble. Aim for at least 48 hours before, for everything, just edit faster and more effectively to ensure that is possible.
    Yeah I was hoping to get it sorted the day before but my dissertation supervisor hasn't given me feedback yet. I can imagine him replying just after I've had it all printed and bound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difficult)

Do you have to bind it? Many unis just have electronic submission these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Do you have to bind it? Many unis just have electronic submission these days.
    Yeah unfortunately we have to get it bound and submit it online

ReputationRep:
    I got both of mine done a couple of days before

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done the day before, queued up outside Staples at 7am.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.