Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I’m an Irish student looking to study nursing as an undergrad.

I have a degree in social care already from Ireland, and I’ve never taken out a student loan.

Can I still get a loan in the U.K.?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Cmd12)
    Hi,

I’m an Irish student looking to study nursing as an undergrad.

I have a degree in social care already from Ireland, and I’ve never taken out a student loan.

Can I still get a loan in the U.K.?

Thanks
    Hi Cmd12,

In order to determine your eligibility can you confirm if you have been resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of your course or are you still living in Ireland ?

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    I’m still in Ireland,

I rang today and the guy said I would be eligible because it is an exception course as it’s in the nhs. He never asked if I was living in the U.K., he just said it would be fine for me to take out a loan. Do I need to be living in the U.K. for the past 3 years to take it out? I have never lived there but I’m planning on moving to study.

Thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Cmd12)
    I’m still in Ireland,

I rang today and the guy said I would be eligible because it is an exception course as it’s in the nhs. He never asked if I was living in the U.K., he just said it would be fine for me to take out a loan. Do I need to be living in the U.K. for the past 3 years to take it out? I have never lived there but I’m planning on moving to study.

Thanks
    Hi cmd12,

As you are an EU national you would be eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan .

Applications for 2018/19 and now available and you can locate the EU18N form from the below link.

http://bit.ly/2FhtNxu

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help, really appreciate it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.