Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 12 and trying to consider some psychology courses.. I just want to know which courses appeal to you and why.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A straight BPS accredited psych degree opens up the most opportunities after graduation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    A straight BPS accredited psych degree opens up the most opportunities after graduation
    Most of the courses seem really scientific and I'm not sure if that's what I want to do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Should check out the course at Bath

Exeter's one has a lot of emphasis on Biopsychology
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Traore)
    Most of the courses seem really scientific and I'm not sure if that's what I want to do.
    Psychology is a really scientific subject though. Maybe look into a BA, it won't be accredited though so you're limited in psych grad jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystelle)
    Should check out the course at Bath

Exeter's one has a lot of emphasis on Biopsychology
    Bath's course seems interesting!

My psychology teacher went to Exeter so I could ask her about it.

I'm most interested in forensic psychology, criminal psychology etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bath's course seems interesting!

My psychology teacher went to Exeter so I could ask her about it.

I'm most interested in forensic psychology, criminal psychology etc.
    Oh wow that's amazing I'm planning to go to Exeter as well, for a different course though.

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Psychology is a really scientific subject though. Maybe look into a BA, it won't be accredited though so you're limited in psych grad jobs.
    You can get some BA courses which are fully accredited, like the one offered by Lancaster and Essex

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 12 and trying to consider some psychology courses.. I just want to know which courses appeal to you and why.
    Sexuality psychology
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yiu could always try psychology with criminology or something like that for a bit less science? But psychology is a science, so you'll never get completely away from that especially since it's better to be accredited. Have a look at what optional modules are offered later in the courses, generally you'll want social ones rather than cognitive/neuro if you don't want science. It'll also give you an idea of what sort of research interests the lecturers have there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Yiu could always try psychology with criminology or something like that for a bit less science? But psychology is a science, so you'll never get completely away from that especially since it's better to be accredited. Have a look at what optional modules are offered later in the courses, generally you'll want social ones rather than cognitive/neuro if you don't want science. It'll also give you an idea of what sort of research interests the lecturers have there.
    I'm not 100% against science, I do biology at A-Level.

I just prefer to focus on other aspects of psychology, although I'm starting to understand that science is a fundamental part of the course.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not 100% against science, I do biology at A-Level.

I just prefer to focus on other aspects of psychology, although I'm starting to understand that science is a fundamental part of the course.
    Ah okay, yeah it is a big part of it, and much more so than at A level or what people expect. That said, it's also nothing like the science you do in school so I wouldn't worry too much. Have a look at some courses and see what you think

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.