Turn on thread page Beta

Stress, Pains and Dreams of As. watch

ReputationRep:

Hello! Welcome to my GYG journey!

Introduction / About Me

Hello! Thanks for clicking and stopping by! My name's Adam and I'm 17 years old, currently in my AS year of A Levels. I thought I'd make this blog to motivate myself and also to answer any questions you may have. I also wanted to drop any tips I learnt about studying and life along the way, and hopefully you guys can do the same! Feel free to ask me any questions!

What are you studying?

Economics [Edexcel]
    Government and Politics [Edexcel]
    English Literature and Language [OCR]

What do you want to do in the future?

I'm aiming for AAB at the minimum so that I may go to do English at University. However, I want to take a gap year out after I finish A Levels. For this reason, the results I get this summer won't matter too much given the new A Level linear system, and will be more of a guideline for next year. (I know that sounds bad, but believe me when I say I'm working!)

What stuff do you like?

My main deal is music! I like:

Pop
    Techno
    EDM
    House
    Ambient
    Country
    Hip-Hop
    RnB
    Ska
    KPop

As well as this, I'm into video games and I've been playing them for as long as I can remember, right across the spectrum from XBox 360 to PS4 to the Gamecube to the Wii to the DS. Tell me some of your favourite games below.

What will you be posting?

Mainly things concerning my studies, such as test results, my timetable etc. but also songs I like, videos I like, memes (no lifer),
    tips and rants/stories about things at school and at home.

So please feel free to say anything below, and come along on this stressful but hopefully rewarding ride with me. I plan to keep this blog right through to September of 2019. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you. When did you start revising, I mean, serious revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grizzelex)
    Good luck to you. When did you start revising, I mean, serious revision?
    Depends what you count as serious revision. I've still got 4 months until my A Levels and as of next week I'll be starting a timetable which puts me on 5 hours a day, but I've been lightly revising for months. Lord knows how much has actually been retained in my brain though. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IIPolaroidII)
    Depends what you count as serious revision. I've still got 4 months until my A Levels and as of next week I'll be starting a timetable which puts me on 5 hours a day, but I've been lightly revising for months. Lord knows how much has actually been retained in my brain though. :P
    Hahaa....good luck. You still got alot of time. Can't say the same for those of us sitting in May/June though. I've only started revising last week. Hopefully, tthere's enough time for me get 3 As because I literally can't afford to rewrite the exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grizzelex)
    Hahaa....good luck. You still got alot of time. Can't say the same for those of us sitting in May/June though. I've only started revising last week. Hopefully, tthere's enough time for me get 3 As because I literally can't afford to rewrite the exams.
    I wouldn't be too worried. Honestly, I believe that exams are on a 33/33/33 split of confidence, exam technique and content knowledge, so whether you have to walk through it or drag yourself through it, be proud of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IIPolaroidII)
    I wouldn't be too worried. Honestly, I believe that exams are on a 33/33/33 split of confidence, exam technique and content knowledge, so whether you have to walk through it or drag yourself through it, be proud of yourself.
    Thanks for the bit of hope. I'll really have to push myself and not give up. I pray that you do the same.

ReputationRep:
    04/03/18

My first official entry into the blog. Hello for everyone seeing this first and thanks for stopping by.

So today was slow as most Sundays are. I pushed my way through four hours of economics revision because I've not been doing good lately, getting D's and E's in the mock. My teacher told me that my subject knowledge is great and that the reason I'm getting low marks is due to my exam technique, which was quite a relief since it's easier to fix than subject knowledge. In all honestly, I don't know why I was stressing myself out so much given that I want to take a gap year after A Levels, so I'm not even applying with any predicted grades I have. I keep trying to remind myself that I've got 14 months to perfect exam technique, including a long AF summer to be productive too.

Let me end this first entry by putting in the first picture for the blog; my revision timetable! Let me know what you think, and please leave any comment below! :-)

P1 - Politics Unit 1
    P2 - Politics Unit 2
    MI - Microeconomics
    MA - Macroeconomics
    E - English
    L - Lunch
    HW - Homework
    ASMI - After School Microeconomics (gonna use this to bang out Q's)
    BR - Break

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 17
Size:  49.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Hey man,

Good luck with your exams, seems like you are very motivated and organised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bradley00)
    Hey man,

Good luck with your exams, seems like you are very motivated and organised.
    Thanks!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.