Not sure what to do when i graduate??? Watch

Student_222
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So Im in my 3rd out of 4 years of zoology. I was wanting to go on to do a master's degree in biology/ genetic eingeering/ chemical engineering. But I was wondering is zoology considered a Biology type course? SO if i didnt do a masters degree could I possibly get a biology related job in anything even if it isn't to do with zoology? And what about chemistry? Is zoology considered too much "Biology" and not much related to chemistry so would i be able to do a chemistry job/ masters?
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Student_222)
So Im in my 3rd out of 4 years of zoology. I was wanting to go on to do a master's degree in biology/ genetic eingeering/ chemical engineering. But I was wondering is zoology considered a Biology type course? SO if i didnt do a masters degree could I possibly get a biology related job in anything even if it isn't to do with zoology? And what about chemistry? Is zoology considered too much "Biology" and not much related to chemistry so would i be able to do a chemistry job/ masters?
For a chem masters you may have to check if you meet the entry requirements but for something biology related you should be fine. Getting a job in the field with just a bachelors is quite difficult.
Student_222
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
For a chem masters you may have to check if you meet the entry requirements but for something biology related you should be fine. Getting a job in the field with just a bachelors is quite difficult.
what about with a master's degree? or would i have to do a PhD?
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Student_222)
what about with a master's degree? or would i have to do a PhD?
You may get away with just a masters but generally a Phd is needed but that depends on what you want to do really.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.3%
No (418)
72.7%

Watched Threads