Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So Im in my 3rd out of 4 years of zoology. I was wanting to go on to do a master's degree in biology/ genetic eingeering/ chemical engineering. But I was wondering is zoology considered a Biology type course? SO if i didnt do a masters degree could I possibly get a biology related job in anything even if it isn't to do with zoology? And what about chemistry? Is zoology considered too much "Biology" and not much related to chemistry so would i be able to do a chemistry job/ masters?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Student_222)
    So Im in my 3rd out of 4 years of zoology. I was wanting to go on to do a master's degree in biology/ genetic eingeering/ chemical engineering. But I was wondering is zoology considered a Biology type course? SO if i didnt do a masters degree could I possibly get a biology related job in anything even if it isn't to do with zoology? And what about chemistry? Is zoology considered too much "Biology" and not much related to chemistry so would i be able to do a chemistry job/ masters?
    For a chem masters you may have to check if you meet the entry requirements but for something biology related you should be fine. Getting a job in the field with just a bachelors is quite difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    For a chem masters you may have to check if you meet the entry requirements but for something biology related you should be fine. Getting a job in the field with just a bachelors is quite difficult.
    what about with a master's degree? or would i have to do a PhD?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Student_222)
    what about with a master's degree? or would i have to do a PhD?
    You may get away with just a masters but generally a Phd is needed but that depends on what you want to do really.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.