Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In a slight dilema - can anyone tell me when/how you would write notes for, etc. science, because I question the notion of writing out notes as it seems that it may waste time and be time-inefficient as I'll solely be re-writing what is in my book or CGP revision guides. What should I do? I currently use a revision website, Tassomai, but know there is much more I could be doing in order to maximise marks in my science GCSEs. Please let me know. Thank you!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SourApostrophy)
    In a slight dilema - can anyone tell me when/how you would write notes for, etc. science, because I question the notion of writing out notes as it seems that it may waste time and be time-inefficient as I'll solely be re-writing what is in my book or CGP revision guides. What should I do? I currently use a revision website, Tassomai, but know there is much more I could be doing in order to maximise marks in my science GCSEs. Please let me know. Thank you!
    Do whatever suits you as the best way of getting information into your head. If you feel you can revise directly from the revision book, then move onto the next stage of your revision plan. Notes are meant to be a condensing of the knowledge needed, so its down to core material and much easier to get through.

Sounds like there are other ways of learning you would prefer, so go for those. Practising exam questions should give you an idea if how much you know.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my gcses now and I got the spec for each subject, ticked what I already knew and condensed the notes on a flash card for the things I didn't know. So on one side I would write the question from the spec and on the other side of the flash card, the answer.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.