Turn on thread page Beta

What should i do based on my predicted grades?!?!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    I know I should do what I am passionate about but I'm not really sure what that is at the moment. I have taken a quiz already and I was suggested to become a tree bloody surgeon (no offense) so I would just want to see what job or/and a levels people think I should choose based on my predicted grades

english speaking and listening-distinction
    maths-7
    eng lit- 5
    eng lang- 5
    double science- 7
    art - 5
    computer science - 6
    RS- 7
    product design - B (6)

ReputationRep:
    Your maths and science grades seem fairly strong, so have you considered pursuing a career within the STEM field?

But in all honesty, do what you enjoy, think about your interests, and follow them! Even if you're not studying subjects which are directly linked to that eventual profession right now, choose subjects which will allow you to reach that end goal. I wanna go into politics, and such an a level isn't available, but I'm not going to let that stop me. I'm taking Eng Lit, French and Sociology for a level - which aren't directly linked to politics - but will allow me to reach a career within that field in the future. I'm not taking French and English Literature as they are my "strongest" subjects, but because those are my favourite subjects, and ones which I'm genuinely interested in. I'm also picking up sociology for a level, having not studied it before, but it looks interesting - so why not

At the end of the day, you're going to be investing the next 2+ years into these subjects, so do what you enjoy! Even if you're not achieving top grades in them right now (I'm only an 8 in Eng Lit and a 7 in French, compared to my 9s in science and maths), you will ultimately enjoy the lessons more if you have an actual interest in them, and will therefore be more motivated to learn and revise. And more revision = better grades.

So just choose what you enjoyyy. Life's short, and you don't have time to waste it doing something you hate!

ReputationRep:
    you seem much stronger in the sciences/maths so maybe look at doing those subjects at a level, to lead to a career in engineering, accounting, or IT with the computer science. alternatively you could look at doing level three btec in something like engineering or forensic science which would be an even more direct way into a career, or consider post 16 apprenticeships
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Your A level options could be 3/4 from:

Maths - Further Maths
    Computer Science
    Physics - Biology - Chemistry

Degree options could be Maths, Computer Science or Engineering and depending what sciences you take, Medicine, Pharmacy or anything in the Bio fields.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatthat)
    But in all honesty, do what you enjoy, think about your interests, and follow them! Even if you're not studying subjects which are directly linked to that eventual profession right now, choose subjects which will allow you to reach that end goal. I wanna go into politics, and such an a level isn't available, but I'm not going to let that stop me. I'm taking Eng Lit, French and Sociology for a level - which aren't directly linked to politics - but will allow me to reach a career within that field in the future. I'm not taking French and English Literature as they are my "strongest" subjects, but because those are my favourite subjects, and ones which I'm genuinely interested in. I'm also picking up sociology for a level, having not studied it before, but it looks interesting - so why not

At the end of the day, you're going to be investing the next 2+ years into these subjects, so do what you enjoy! Even if you're not achieving top grades in them right now (I'm only an 8 in Eng Lit and a 7 in French, compared to my 9s in science and maths), you will ultimately enjoy the lessons more if you have an actual interest in them, and will therefore be more motivated to learn and revise. And more revision = better grades.!
    Thank you for the lengthy reply but in all honesty , I really arent intrested in any of them. I dont know if its the stress of GCSE coming rightround the corner or if it is just pure boredem but i am not passionate for any of them
    I had considered animation but the art I do has absolutely nothing to do with it and I cannot wait be done with it. Maths used to be my favourite subject but it no longer intreest me like it used to.
    lastly im not really sure at all about stem subjects. I seriously disliked computer science for the the coding but i diddnt mind the test, tghe got rid of it this year but alevels it wont. lastly science has just become too much work in my opinion.

i dont mind maths and i seriously dont mind doing something i dont like but that pays as it is better than nothing, as then I can do something, and work to something i like when i am settloed with a good paying job. Plus whatever it is I might commit to i can learn to like it. At the moment I have to focus on t 7 different subjects at once but at A levels, though it is harder, iIt will only be 3 or 4 topics so my mind can be more open and the subjects i have focused on

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.