Turn on thread page Beta

Is meeting up with a guy just for sex slutty? watch

Is it slutty to meet a guy just for sex?

Everytime we have met we have had sex

The only time we talk is when him or me sends a message just saying can you come over

We are not in a realthionship at all

ReputationRep:
    I am sure some people would say it is, but I don’t think it is. You both seem happy enough with the arrangement, so it doesn’t matter what others think.

ReputationRep:
    If you both are happy and satisfied, then there's nothing to think.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)

The only time we talk is when him or me sends a message just saying can you come over

Would you be comfortable if your mother used to meet a random lad for just sex? No emotion nor communication. If no, why?

Would you be happy if your daughter meets a guy just for sex? If no, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Would you be comfortable if your mother used to meet a random lad for just sex? No emotion nor communication. If no, why?

Would you be happy if your daughter meets a guy just for sex? If no, why?
    I actually wouldn’t mind. If everyone was happy in the arrangement and nobody was getting hurt. As long as they use protection why does it matter what they do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Be gone thot
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barneywherry)
    I actually wouldn’t mind. If everyone was happy in the arrangement and nobody was getting hurt. As long as they use protection why does it matter what they do?
    That is fair. If you are happy, then it is fine. Some people would have responded in the negative. Many of us have children, who behave like us. Chances are your children would do the same.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like words like "slutty". They are too negative and judgemental over something that shouldn't be judged and is a positive for the person doing it.

"Sexually confident" is a better term.

ReputationRep:
    you do you girl, who cares what people think as long as you're having fun

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. If you wish to get your rocks off, then go for it.

Sure, some will call you a slut. However the majority of people I've met who call women sluts have the appearance and personally which prevent them from being very sexually active.

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah, I guess it is "slutty" BUT if it makes you happy, go for it and as long as its safe (e.g you're using protection, it's consensual) then I really don't see the problem. Damn other people, if its something you both want/like then you do you.

One of the definitions for the word "slut" is

"a sexually promiscuous woman"

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/slut

Meeting a guy solely for sex would heavily imply that...

Therefore I think there's a strong case for your behavior being deemed as slutty..........

ReputationRep:
    Yes it’s slutty, and there’s nothing wrong with being slutty. Guys get applauded for having a lot of casual sex and girls get shamed, i’m all for everyone doing whatever they want with their sex lives.

Have a lot of sex? Good for you! Saving sex for “the one”? Great! Don’t enjoy sex and abstain from it completely? Congrats on knowing yourself and finding what works for you! Let’s all stop judging people because of the regularity of their orgasms.

ReputationRep:
    yes it is, but there is nothing inherently wrong with it, its just a choice - and with any choice you should consider the pros/cons.

For me, casual sex is full of short-term positives but long-term cons.

Sure you get sexual satisfaction and a rush now, but in the long run, I have never seen a study that points to anything except promiscuity leading to unhappy long-term relationships. The divorce stats for people with many sexual partners are quite frankly awful. And weather you like it or not, many of the best husband-material type guys, are put off by girls who have had a lot of previous sexual partners. Not many people expect a virgin these days, but a higher number will easily isolate some of the more responsible guys, as for why, well there is a great mound of evidence that boys are far less willing to share then girls, from a young-age upwards. I think this innate difference carries on to sexual natures, boys hate sharing, and most boys don't like the idea of having shared a woman.

So basically, most men won't expect you to be a virgin.. most will not be put off by a few sexual partners.. but get to 8,10,15+ and you will loose a lot of eligible guys, and worse your statistical likelihood of a stable marriage will rapidly decrease.

yeah that is obviously slutty. But as long as your happy with the arrangement then go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
    I don't like words like "slutty". They are too negative and judgemental over something that shouldn't be judged and is a positive for the person doing it.

"Sexually confident" is a better term.
    or better still having no standards or self respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Yes it’s slutty, and there’s nothing wrong with being slutty. Guys get applauded for having a lot of casual sex and girls get shamed, i’m all for everyone doing whatever they want with their sex lives.

Have a lot of sex? Good for you! Saving sex for “the one”? Great! Don’t enjoy sex and abstain from it completely? Congrats on knowing yourself and finding what works for you! Let’s all stop judging people because of the regularity of their orgasms.
    you make me cringe soooooo bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floydd223)
    you make me cringe soooooo bad
    :pcguru:

Not really, I'd say it's quite normal to have fwb. Especially when you're young and you don't want to be in a committed relationship but both people still want sex. I have loads of friends who just hook up with people from tinder for sex, or regularly slept with their flatmate as part of fwb. Don't think anyone thought of them as slutty but even if they do it doesn't really matter. Virgins on here will probably judge you and some might not like if their girlfriend had a promiscuous history which is fair enough because that's their opinion. But out in the real world, it's really not that uncommon. Two of my housemates currently have f*ck buddies. No one gives a sh*t.
    Plus I think people would think of you having sex with a different guy every week as slutty, but if you're just having regular sex with a guy who isn't your boyfriend then it isn't really slutty? Imo anyway

ReputationRep:

No, makes you a horny stud. Consensual Sex is great, give each other pleasure, its what it's for lads.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.