The Student Room Group

Digital Art

I would like to start doing digital art but have to idea how to begin. As I would be just beginning, I don't want to put a lot of money into it...Any advice? Inexpensive tools and programs?
A cheap tablet and some free software, opencanvas being one such example, although I think there are better options these days - GIMP seems to have a lot of functionality although I don't know that many that seem to use it much

this is more for the "digital painting" type stuff, you can technically do pixel/sprite art with m+kb and MS paint, although there are much better ways I understand :tongue: animation will need different tools as well, depending on the type of animation (2d/3d for example) - same for any 3D sculpting work
I started digital art nearly 2 years ago and I understand it’s difficult to start learning a new skill without spending too much money on the equipment. From my experience, I started off with one of the cheapest Wacom tablets. It was around £40-£50 and I found it really easy to use, and it also came with a really good free drawing programme that is great for beginners! I highly recommend Wacom if you’re looking for a tablet and pen to connect to a laptop, I’ve been using Wacom tablets ever since I started and haven’t come across any problems at all and some of them aren’t pricy at all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending