Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 12 studying a level law biology and chemistry. I don't want to do a degree in law , not medicine ( as in I don't want to become a gp , dentist .or nurse etc) . My MPGs are currently Bs. I have no idea what degree to pursue ... help please
    which degree would also have the highest employability rate ?
    thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffinlover123)
    I'm currently in year 12 studying a level law biology and chemistry. I don't want to do a degree in law , not medicine ( as in I don't want to become a gp , dentist .or nurse etc) . My MPGs are currently Bs. I have no idea what degree to pursue ... help please
    which degree would also have the highest employability rate ?
    thanks
    The piece of advice id give anyone choosing a degree is first you have to WANT to study it - employability of a degree is great but it will not make you happy over 3/4 years studying something simply for that reason. Your grades will suffer and so will your wellbeing especially if you choose to study far from home. My best advice is to look into what you enjoy most in education - a certain module/topic in one of your alevels, even gcse topics you did well in, and then look into possible universities you want to go to and see the course they offer - some have really specific courses that might be ones that might be less employable but are more up your street - some might be more broad and therefore more employable (like general science degrees e.g chemistry, engineering)
    But you don’t necessarily have to go into a degree specific to what you’re studying now - business, marketing, are all good employable degrees but are general in the sense that you don’t have to have studied it at a level to do it at degree level.

ReputationRep:
    ah okay. I wanted to know about highest employability because it might point me in a direction to be honest. Preferebly would have done a degree in science no matter what
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.