Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Was travelling down the M1 on Friday morning past the first picture black sign when as I got real close the sign changed to a 40mph limit because of strong winds. I slowed down as quick as I could but was doing over 40mph as I pasted the sign. The next gantry sign came up saying 40mph limit in the second picture.. I can't see any cameras on either first picture or second should I be ok speeding ticket wise?? I was doing well below 40mph coming upto the gantry signs

Name:  first sign no camera.jpg.png
Views: 28
Size:  259.0 KB
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by WillzxD)
    Was travelling down the M1 on Friday morning past the first picture black sign when as I got real close the sign changed to a 40mph limit because of strong winds. I slowed down as quick as I could but was doing over 40mph as I pasted the sign. The next gantry sign came up saying 40mph limit in the second picture.. I can't see any cameras on either first picture or second should I be ok speeding ticket wise?? I was doing well below 40mph coming upto the gantry signs

Attachment 728960

Attachment 728968
    If they were temporary speed limits, you should be fine if you didn't slow down straight away. I can't see any speed cameras on both of those pictures...

How much over 40 do you reckon you were doing?

ReputationRep:
    The black sign in the first picture was displaying 40mph speed limit due to strong winds just as I came upto it . So I started to slow down but was doing around 50mph as I passed. The gantry 2nd picture was alittle further down the motorway which also was also displaying 40mph speed limit on the small signs above it, I was doing below 40mph before passing the gantry. But as you said neither of us can find any speed cameras there is one on the other side of the carriageway which surely can't capture my speed limit anyway

Attachment 729016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillzxD)

Name:  first sign no camera.jpg.png
Views: 28
Size:  259.0 KB
    That will be harsh getting done for that.

If you were very close to the sign once it changed then you can’t really be blamed for not doing 40 or under when you passed the sign.

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine as it was temporary. But if you didn’t know already if you go over 70mph on a motorway you can be fined.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.