Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, So I currently rent an apartment and turns out I have to study an extra year post grad. Without any maintenance loans/grants... I wont be able to afford the rent. I know Student Finance can loan me 10800 but my course alone is 12000. Im not sure what help is out there and am quite disheartened to see this type of issue for postgrads.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, So I currently rent an apartment and turns out I have to study an extra year post grad. Without any maintenance loans/grants... I wont be able to afford the rent. I know Student Finance can loan me 10800 but my course alone is 12000. Im not sure what help is out there and am quite disheartened to see this type of issue for postgrads.
    Are you full time or part time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do you have to do an extra year post grad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Are you full time or part time?

Full-time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajj2000)
    Why do you have to do an extra year post grad?
    To become fully qualified I have to do an extra year course at post-grad. Every employer requires it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonN2101)
    To become fully qualified I have to do an extra year course at post-grad. Every employer requires it now.
    Nightmare - what course is it? Are there cheaper options for masters?

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked for cheaper courses elsewhere or places which offer some kind of bursary/scholarship?

Otherwise I guess you might have to move home and/or work in a job which doesn't require a master's while you save up to do one. I think that's pretty common.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.