The Student Room Group

I wan to become a.....

Theologian/Lawyer/Culinary Chemist/Fashion Designer!!!
What do you recommend me to get at GCSE????
What should I take for A level???
You have quite a few different and varying career interests there so it would be hard to say.
For a Lawyer I would say History or English but for the others you may require Food or Textiles, GCSE subjects don't matter as much as A Level subjects in this regard.
Reply 2
Very diverse,
But it doesn't really matter what you do for GCSE as long as you get good English Maths and Science grades

For A-Level:

Theologian would look for RS possibly Psychology
Lawyers usually go for an English, History and Law if that's offered to you
Culinary Chemist would look for anything Food related. Chemistry would be sort of helpful but most of the stuff you would learn would become irrelevant to your career
Fashion Designer: Textiles (do they even do this for A-Level), Art, anything creative with designing in it

But you will change your mind a thousand times about what career you will want to be so it's important you get good grades for the core subjects in GCSE
Reply 3
Original post by ktech5
Very diverse,
But it doesn't really matter what you do for GCSE as long as you get good English Maths and Science grades

For A-Level:

Theologian would look for RS possibly Psychology
Lawyers usually go for an English, History and Law if that's offered to you
Culinary Chemist would look for anything Food related. Chemistry would be sort of helpful but most of the stuff you would learn would become irrelevant to your career
Fashion Designer: Textiles (do they even do this for A-Level), Art, anything creative with designing in it

But you will change your mind a thousand times about what career you will want to be so it's important you get good grades for the core subjects in GCSE

Thanks for the advice!!! By the way, I also want to become a Drag Queen!!!

Quick Reply

Latest