Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

In short, I've become less and less confident about the course I've applied for and I would like to change it for another programme within the same school and college.

As the time when the university usually sends out the offers is approaching, could this result in a delayed response from them? Could it decrease my chances of getting an offer? Isn't it too late to change the course anyway?

Help me please!

ReputationRep:
    I believe it may be too late for a change of course. If it’s the same University though it might be worth an email to check?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamConway)
    I believe it may be too late for a change of course. If it’s the same University though it might be worth an email to check?
    Oh, yes, it's in the same university.

ReputationRep:
    Email them and see what they say, it can’t hurt

ReputationRep:
    Hey -

I've worked with a lot of students applying to university/college and more than a few of them have had this predicament.
    If the course you're interested in is similar/in the same department then I would email that department's admissions team to ask - be very polite and gentle. Don't go into the details or be too apologetic for changing your mind. Just a little "hello, I was wondering what my options would be if I actually decided that X course would be more suitable for me than Y?"

If the course you're looking to be considered for is actually quite different, I would advise that you wait until you receive your offer for the current course. Then get in touch to ask about the possibility of switching/transferring onto it. I've gotten in trouble in the past for pointing out to candidates that they can access a department through easier programmes, then transfer internally to the one they actually want after a semester or two... That said, not in all cases.

In any case - very best of luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.