Turn on thread page Beta

How do I cope with frustration watch

ReputationRep:
    i am a mentally frustrated single student of As Sciences, I am very antisocial and my parents are both extremely hardworking parents and they expect me to work hard too, but because of betrayal of some close ex friends and teenage **** i have not been able to focus right, all their and people's frustration on me has made me extremely emotionally frustrated angry and hence unhappy and bc of all of this i am not able to find my happy place in studying like i want to. i have my mocks going on and i fear flunking but i just dont know what to do I have my A level CIE Exams in two months and i feel like my world is falling apart, and bc i havenot been very serious with studied scoring mostsly Cs I aim for As, but they seem like a distant dream,. i want to believe on it but I believe in so much sself doubt, someone please tell me how to handle all the peer and parental pressure and how to self love and be happy sincerely a sad student, wanting to be happy.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by NiyaAli)
    i am a mentally frustrated single student of As Sciences, I am very antisocial and my parents are both extremely hardworking parents and they expect me to work hard too, but because of betrayal of some close ex friends and teenage **** i have not been able to focus right, all their and people's frustration on me has made me extremely emotionally frustrated angry and hence unhappy and bc of all of this i am not able to find my happy place in studying like i want to. i have my mocks going on and i fear flunking but i just dont know what to do I have my A level CIE Exams in two months and i feel like my world is falling apart, and bc i havenot been very serious with studied scoring mostsly Cs I aim for As, but they seem like a distant dream,. i want to believe on it but I believe in so much sself doubt, someone please tell me how to handle all the peer and parental pressure and how to self love and be happy sincerely a sad student, wanting to be happy.
    Whenever you are feeling distracted, I recommend focusing on something like music or other videos. I always recommend mock the week episodes on YouTube because they can make you laugh. Vine compilations are what I use though.

You just have to keep going and focus on studying and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    You need to find a good place to study near your house and away from the friends that you feel are bad for you. So once you finish college if you go to your local library or wherever you know will be quiet and you won’t see many people you know then study there. Attend the lessons you have to then go for the places nearer to home where there won’t be school friends to distract you. Alternatively if you have a relative or friend who has a quiet house and that wouldn’t mind you studying there then ask them if it’d be alright if you quietly studied in a empty spare room at their house.

It’s really good that you haven’t allowed the stress of everything to cloud your judgement and you’re still recognising that doing well is really important to you. You can be proud of yourself and keep working hard. If you find you’re still struggling speak to your tutor at college.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.