Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I recently got an offer for French and Spanish, so now I'm trying to start looking at accommodation. I want self-catered and ensuite if possible

I had been looking at the Unite Students properties like Chalmers Street, but I'm scared in case there won't be many first years there, and if there are they may not even be going to Uni of Ed??
    I want to be surrounded by Uni of Ed people really.

Salisbury Court seems to be the best option at the moment, but noticing it is quite far out? What are the transport links like here?

So many questions!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie24ab)
    Hi everyone

I recently got an offer for French and Spanish, so now I'm trying to start looking at accommodation. I want self-catered and ensuite if possible

I had been looking at the Unite Students properties like Chalmers Street, but I'm scared in case there won't be many first years there, and if there are they may not even be going to Uni of Ed??

Salisbury Court seems to be the best option at the moment, but noticing it is quite far out? What are the transport links like here?

So many questions!!
    **** self-catered. Go to pollocks it's much more fun. You’ll party 24/7. Pollocks all the way ❤️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrotskyiteRebel)
    **** self-catered. Go to pollocks it's much more fun. You’ll party 24/7. Pollocks all the way ❤️
    I visited Pollock during the open day and not sure It's for me Salisbury is pretty similar to it right? Only newer?

ReputationRep:
    I visited Pollock during the open day and not sure It's for me Salisbury is pretty similar to it right? Only newer?
    It’s quite nearby. But it’s overpriced because it’s private accommodation. I can’t really comment about the social life there but I can guarantee that pollocks is the fun-est of them all.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hi everyone

So many questions!!
    I've already answered a similar question that was posted by you here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5208438

Salisbury Court isn't far out at all. It's about a 10-12 minute walk to George Square.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

So many questions!!

Hi! I know I'm a bit late to the thread but I am also looking into accommodation at Edinburgh as I just confirmed it as my insurance. I'd prefer self-catered and looked into Salisbury Court. It looks really nice online and knowing Edinburgh as my family live there, it isn't too far out and should be in easy walking distance. Have you found any other self-catered halls?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by loisalexandra2)
    Hi! I know I'm a bit late to the thread but I am also looking into accommodation at Edinburgh as I just confirmed it as my insurance. I'd prefer self-catered and looked into Salisbury Court. It looks really nice online and knowing Edinburgh as my family live there, it isn't too far out and should be in easy walking distance. Have you found any other self-catered halls?
    Deaconess is close to Salisbury.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Have you considered accommodation with Student Roost in Edinburgh? We offer three different properties, all of which cater for students living in the city. We provide a fun and thriving social calendar for all students, contents insurance and bills (included as standard). You won't have any issues with getting your work completed either as our high speed WiFi is top notch!

For our properties in Edinburgh we also offer 51 week contracts, so you won't need to worry about moving out during the peak season. You'll get to enjoy Edinburgh Fringe Festival on your doorstep, but pay no increase in your weekly rent.

Check out our properties here:
    https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/edinburgh

Any questions, drop us a message. We'd love you to stay.

CW

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

So many questions!!
    I will be a first year student (i finished foundation and I lived there for a year so ı know the city) I booked my room from chalmers street and I hope you did that to because it is a good choice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2018

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.