Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am in need of some help...

I am hoping to write my research proposal soon and with this, I am hope to find up to 15 participants to interview peoples experience's towards a mental disorder that is not in the DSM-5.

I am hoping to find these participants through social media, and when I have done, I will offer them to do a Skype interview (as most will not be in a close vicinity to me) and record the conversation (with their consent)... I was wondering if this method of collecting data will be accepted if I were to put the research proposal through?

As well as this, I was wondering what kinda of method would be most appropriately used in order to analysis this data?

More information on this dissertation are as follows... This will hopefully be a semi-structured interview, I will have some key things I would want to ask, An example: what symptoms do they have, and how often does this mental disorder effects their every day life, and also what are the possible 'triggers' and how many hours a day does it effect them.

There will also be room for an open conversation, so I am able to explore peoples own personal experiences and see if their is any differences from person to person...

Any help much appreciated!
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.