Turn on thread page Beta

Should I just do Triple Science and Further Maths alevels? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll be choosing my alevels in 2 years from now. I know my school does Further maths, it seems that every subject you wonna do in Universities require at least 1 science and maths alevel.

Is Triple Science and Maths the best all rounder to gurantee a spot in a good uni or no?

ReputationRep:
    what do you wanna do? There is no one combination that is perfect for everything, depends of the course and uni.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by sylverodd)
    I'll be choosing my alevels in 2 years from now. I know my school does Further maths, it seems that every subject you wonna do in Universities require at least 1 science and maths alevel.

Is Triple Science and Maths the best all rounder to gurantee a spot in a good uni or no?
    You can't do Further Maths without Maths - so that's 2 A-levels right there.

Universities aren't looking for all-rounders (and just doing sciences isn't "all-round" anyway...).

What university courses do you think you are most interested in?

ReputationRep:
    First of all, you have two years - relax, focus on your GCSEs for now!
    Not every subject requires at least one science and maths A level - Law, History, English literature, Archeology, Philosophy ... you get the point. And as someone else has pointed out, you can't just do Further Maths without doing maths, which would bring a total of five A levels - which is a LOT of work. Anyway, triple science and maths aren't all round in the slightest; they're very focused on STEM. You'll find that it's not just the subjects you do, but the grades you get that are important.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.