Turn on thread page Beta

He lied about his age? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So i'm 18; I have some issues at home, particularly regarding a clash of beliefs between my family and i. I posted on a confessions app a month ago and started talking to this guy who seemed to be in the same position as me and is fairly local. We got talking and really hit it off, showed each other what we look like and then realised there was a mutual attraction. We sext a bit etc and we're planning to meet up after I finish my exams.

Now he told me he's 26. I happened to find his fb and saw a post about he was 21 or something in 2009. Which obviously makes him about 30 years old. Now I dont care that hes 30 but why would he lie about it?

Do you guys think its a big deal?Should i call it off
    be safe! call it off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So i'm 18; I have some issues at home, particularly regarding a clash of beliefs between my family and i. I posted on a confessions app a month ago and started talking to this guy who seemed to be in the same position as me and is fairly local. We got talking and really hit it off, showed each other what we look like and then realised there was a mutual attraction. We sext a bit etc and we're planning to meet up after I finish my exams.

Now he told me he's 26. I happened to find his fb and saw a post about he was 21 or something in 2009. Which obviously makes him about 30 years old. Now I dont care that hes 30 but why would he lie about it?

Do you guys think its a big deal?Should i call it off

He probably thought on paper you'd think he was too old for you, as lets face it, on paper most 18 year old girls don't go that high up...

I've known quite a few guys who have lied about their age, from what I can tell it usually seems to work.

to my knowledge they did not lie about anything else [for what it''s worth]

(Original post by beach700)
    This is exactly what I was going to say.

I hope the OP could figure out if she is being used or not.
    would you say older guys generally only use younger girls fo sex? Bc as we got to know each other i didnt feel like there was a divide, unless he does

ReputationRep:
    lmaooo rip

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.